GDT: Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | Dec 10 | 7:00PM PST | SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Horvat is gassed after one burst up the ice and he's in his f***ing prime.. Not sure how anyone could respect a captain like that

That year where he made the skating strides, I think he worked so hard in the off season- that he separated his approach from others. Lately, I think it appears that as a family man, he is living with more balance in his life and hasn't prepared with as much commitment.

And it is surprising to me that this hasn't been spoken about more.

If he wanted to be the best, this is all he needs to do- prepare like a beast. And it looks to me that Boes and Petey have done the same- taken their feet off the peddle and coasted a bit instead of looking to be the best.

I really thought these 3 were the perfect guys to take the mantle from the Sedins and just go and work harder than everyone else at getting better. This hasn't happened of late. I suppose we could suggest that the way ownership and management handled the last couple of years was demotivating, but still, step up, for goodness sake.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
That year where he made the skating strides, I think he worked so hard in the off season- that he separated his approach from others. Lately, I think it appears that as a family man, he is living with more balance in his life and hasn't prepared with as much commitment.

If he wanted to be the best, this is all he needs to do- prepare like a beast. And it looks to me that Boes and Petey have done the same- taken their feet off the peddle and coasted a bit instead of looking to be the best.

I really thought these 3 were the perfect guys to take the mantle from the Sedins and just go and work harder than everyone else at getting better. This hasn't happened of late. I suppose we could suggest that the way ownership and management handled the last couple of years was demotivating, but still, step up, for goodness sake.
Agreed, Horvat and Boesers conditioning look poor. EP40 needs a good training schedule for off season.

Reactions: B-rock

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam

Well said.

And I will add, Hughes is the only one with Sedin level work ethic. The rest of them can f*** off

Reactions: Indiana

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

I think Covid played a big role. Unlike other teams, basically every player on our team got hit with Covid and the long term effects varies randomly between people. I see Boeser, Bo amd Petey being crazy off as a result of that. Just imagine, like having any long term symptoms that bled into the summer would essentially wreck their whole offseason and if they fall behind, well this is the result. Bo tends to work his ass off every off season and we knew Boeser the off season prior worked his ass off and looked like different players and yet this season they look like shit and steps behind the play.

Reactions: B-rock

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
BBQ pep talk on the bench:
ActualYoungFoxhound-max-1mb.gif

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Man the Pettersson Garland and Pod line looks good. They basically dominated whenever they were out. Thought the Canucks were the better team 5 on 5 the numbers reflect that too. Got to hit the net more and not pass to Pearson. Also how the hell did Chiasson not get benched after the second goal is beyond me.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
I think Covid played a big role. Unlike other teams, basically every player on our team got hit with Covid and the long term effects varies randomly between people. I see Boeser, Bo amd Petey being crazy off as a result of that. Just imagine, like having any long term symptoms that bled into the summer would essentially wreck their whole offseason and if they fall behind, well this is the result. Bo tends to work his ass off every off season and we knew Boeser the off season prior worked his ass off and looked like different players and yet this season they look like shit and steps behind the play.

Yeah, maybe Covid may have had some effect.

And I agree Bo used to work hard in the off seasons, just not sure he is anymore.

And I agree, after the back injury, Boes struggled, and then had one good off season where he worked hard, but I am not sure he did this last one.

And Petey looks like he did zero work on power this off season.

But the good thing is, they can fix it. It is just our leaders/best players need to be consistent to create a culture of excellence- and I am not saying that tongue in cheek

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Pettersson never got COVID. He was away from the team with his mysterious wrist injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad