Prospect Info: Vancouver Canucks Top 25 Prospects 2015 - #9

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Subban has great tools, his offensive ability might even be very good among Nhlers.

What scares me is the way he handles larger forwards.

I watch some of his games this year as a draft+2 in junior, and he still had a lot trouble handling larger forwards in the junior level.

I'm pretty certain Subban can become a very good AHL offensive dman, beyond that ...

I still think his skill set should have him move to forward.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Tough call between Brisebois and Subban for me here. Hutton is also a big wildcard. Not that high on either Corrado or Clendening.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Subban. Corrado is further along, but the way he's stagnated the past couple years makes it tough to rank him above a guy who has just had a great draft +1 and draft +2 season.

My personal top-10 would probably go like this:

Virtanen/McCann
Boeser
Demko
Cassels
Kenins
Gaunce
Shinkaruk
Subban
Corrado

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Corrado. His development had plateaud a bit, but I thought he got back on track this season. Imo he has Bieksa type upside, without the toughness.

A bunch of blueliners all.with some ??? as prospects.

Corrado - ssfest, but has his development stalled?
Clendening - shown he can produce.at the AHL level, but that footspeed.
Subban - exciting player, but that size.
Brisebois - so unknown
Hutton - can he play defence?
Pedan - showed well in Utica, but those concussions.
Tryamkin - enticing package, but that Russian factor.

All prospects that imo have comparable floors/ceilings and.you'd have to think that at least one will emerge as a legit second pairing option over the.next couple of years. Sprinkle in Grenier and the Russian we just drafted and there's my next 9 picks or so.

Agreed, and agreed on Grenier and Zhukenov. Maybe by the end not more season we are thinking Jasek aIs in there as well. I think my only reason to vote, at this point, is to keep Jensen out of the top 15. He's a bust.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Brisebois is very underrated

How so?

He's a low producing defenseman with interesting tools who has done nothing since being picked in the third round. If anything it seems that many are playing him up to make the Lack trade seem better than it is. Should he be a top 10 prospect for us? Top 7?

I don't see it right now

Last edited:

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
How so?

He's a low producing defenseman with interesting tools who has done nothing since being picked in the third round. If anything it seems that many are playing him up to make the Lack trade seem better than it is. Should he be a top 10 prospect for us? Top 7?

I don't see it right now

If you go back to the multiple discussion about his team and how how he contributes to 18% of his team's offence, then you'll see why. This is literally the first time I've seen anyone mention Brisebois in relation to Lack.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
How so?

I don't see it right now

I've been very much against most of Benning's moves but Brisebois is getting unfairly underrated by the box score scouts due to the horrible team he played on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad