Vancouver Canucks Top 20 deep in blueline prospects

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
jared_mccann_sault_ste_marie_greyhounds.jpg
Photo: Vancouver Canucks first-rounder Jared McCann is pivotal to his team’s playoff chances. (courtesy of Aaron Bell/OHL Images)

Vancouver has iced very good rosters for a long time now. Despite having not yet won the Stanley Cup, the Canucks accomplished a lot in the 2000s on the strengths of Daniel and Henrik Sedin’s puck possession skills, Ryan Kesler’s defensive game, the goaltending of Roberto Luongo, and teams that were composed from top to bottom with strong talents who could drive play. The Sedins will be 35 years old when the 2015-16 season starts, Kesler and Luongo are gone, and though the team has performed well this season, it is no longer among the President’s Trophy favorites.… read more

The post Vancouver Canucks Top 20 deep in blueline prospects appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Wow, they actually gave some decent ratings to our prospects for once. BoHo finally getting some respect with the 7.5B. :yo:

Edit: haha, just noticed Patrick McNally with the 7.0F. I don't blame them for that rating. :laugh:

Last edited:

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
Wow, they actually gave some decent ratings to our prospects for once. BoHo finally getting some respect with the 7.5B. :yo:

Edit: haha, just noticed Patrick McNally with the 7.0F. I don't blame them for that rating. :laugh:

haha that's actually pretty funny.....

but yeah overall it's definitely better even though there r still a few hiccups like Grenier or Cederholm who shouldnt b anywhere near top 20...(though i have Grenier at 20)

and i wouldnt have guys like Horvat, Clendenning or ones who have seen a significant time in NHL or waiver eligible in the list (but that's just me)

but overall, def improved rating than previous ones....

Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Jensen and Grenier too high. Kenins, Corrado, Hutton too low. And Horvat should clearly be #1 if he's eligible.

That said, one of the better rankings we've seen for awhile on this site.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006

Hah, I can't recall seeing another F prospect. If ever a player deserved it though...

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
I noticed that the only prospects with B ratings are from other organizations. and Horvat had to prove to be an NHLer before getting his B rating so he's not really even a prospect anymore.

Last edited:

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
good to see the upgrades to mccann and cassels ratings

Corrado should be like a 6.5b at this point, and switched with jensen

Bo Jangles

Dec 25, 2014
White Rock, B.C.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
They were both A prospects.

2A, but still grade A prospects no less.

I just kidding (hence the use of the sarcasm smilie in my post). Seriously though, I think Ellington was at best a low risk low reward prospect. Not sure I'd call him even a 2A prospect.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Jensen and Grenier too high. Kenins, Corrado, Hutton too low. And Horvat should clearly be #1 if he's eligible.

That said, one of the better rankings we've seen for awhile on this site.

I agree for the most part.

Grenier is way too high.

I can already tell you he will never ever ever be an NHL regular

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
Did Cassels and McCann get a boost?

I thought they were both 7.0C's?

yeah, hf loves those jumps in production

ftr i think cassels is a little too high at 7.5, but maybe it's just cuz i'm not used to seeing our non-first round picks getting anything higher than 7.0D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad