Value of: Vancouver Canucks 7th Overall (2018 Draft Pick)

Are you interested in acquiring this pick? (If so move down or move up?)

• Total voters

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
How the hell did we get on Tanev AGAIN on a thread that was about the 7th OV pick?

As it pertains to Tanev, unless there is an overpayment, we are better off to keep him and let him groom Juolevi. If we move him now for market value, or less than which is what everyone here keeps posting, then Juelovi will end up playing with one of Stecher, Gudbrandson, Pouliot or Biega. That is terrible in terms of helping him develop in the NHL. So again for the millionth time, unless we get something crazy, Tanev will stay. He turns 29 next season, so he's not really that old. If we can lock him into a 3 year deal after this contract that would be ideal in all honesty. It's not like he doesn't like Vancouver, the only reason we are looking at potentially moving him is to accelerate a rebuild; however, he very well could still be part of that group.

As for the OP which is what we should be discussing.... There's no real reason to trade down for us. We have the likes of Granlund, Baertschi and Hutton who could be moved for picks as is. At 7 we will be able to select either a faller like Tkachuk or a very good defensive prospect in my order of preference: Bouchard, Dobson, Hughes, Boquist.

Toronto fans, that’s how. But it’s Canuck fans that are always trying to dump him on them

Reactions: THE Green Man

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Leaf fans enter Vancouver thread, make horrible offers. Continue to downplay a quality defenceman.
Rinse repeat.

People wonder why threads dive into chaos every time Leafs fans enter them searching for defenceman. You’d think after the past two years of the same threads there would be improvement or at least progress, but here we are again having to deal with piss poor offers from Leafers over and over again.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I want the Habs to trade down. I'm not a Zadina fan and don't want another winger anyway.

7ov, 37ov, +?
It’s not worth moving up for Vancouver. We are literally in the best spot for our needs. Vancouver should be looking at acquiring more picks. Not spend them for a winger we don’t need to spending assets for.

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
The Tanev talk is overwhelming here lol. What other then Tanev would teams want to offer to move up to #7?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Jim Benning Canucks GM stated at the draft lottery the team would explore both trading up and trading down options. The cost of trading up into the top 3 where he likely would want to be will cost too much. So how about we discuss the value of that 7th overall pick to a team themselves looking to move up to 7th overall.

Vancouver also has a few youngish players who might be on the move.
Markus Granlund (RFA)
Sven Baerstchi (RFA)
Ben Hutton (Under contract)

Please feel free to use these guy in any proposals if you feel the need. If the deal involved multiple first I can imagine our 2nd overall pick also being available. Chris Tanev who is a good #3 d man. Is also likely available if you are interested in using him in your proposals as well.

Cheers
Not interested in moving down from 3rdOA for the 7th OA unless you overpay big time. Habs need Quality over quantity.We have 4 2nd rd picks.
I would trade the 3rdOA for everything you mentioned.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
It’s not worth moving up for Vancouver. We are literally in the best spot for our needs. Vancouver should be looking at acquiring more picks. Not spend them for a winger we don’t need to spending assets for.

That's nice, but this thread is literally a Vancouver fan asking for offers on the 7th overall pick. You have your opinion, take it up with them.

There's a Habs fan that disagrees with me right above.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Leaf fans enter Vancouver thread, make horrible offers. Continue to downplay a quality defenceman.
Rinse repeat.

Hey, the feeling is mutual from this Leafs fan. Don't really wanna pony up the price for Tanev with his injury troubles and Leaf fans invading every Tanev thread is perplexing to me as well. Every off-season, or every few months, rinse->repeat the same rehashed arguments again and again.

Anyways, as a outside perspective, there's maybe an outside shot Tanev can get you into the teens, straight up in this draft. Just not sure which team is the willing partner. A team like NYI or EDM may make the most sense, but I don't see either team ponying up their pick (too high).

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Hey, the feeling is mutual from this Leafs fan. Don't really wanna pony up the price for Tanev with his injury troubles and Leaf fans invading every Tanev thread is perplexing to me as well. Every off-season, or every few months, rinse->repeat the same rehashed arguments again and again.

Anyways, as a outside perspective, there's maybe an outside shot Tanev can get you into the teens, straight up in this draft. Just not sure which team is the willing partner. A team like NYI or EDM may make the most sense, but I don't see either team ponying up their pick (too high).

I don't get how Chris Tanev even got brought up in this thread?

And actually, some Oilers fans are ok w/ dealing the 10th pick for Tanev even though they need an offensive d-man more -- they understand how tough top-pairing rhd are to acquire. NYI fans seem split on dealing their pick even if John Tavares re-signs. Devils fans seem good w/ dealing the 17th pick as well. Leafs can't beat any of those picks, so any Tanev to Leafs talks should be suspended on these boards.

member 105785

I want the Habs to trade down. I'm not a Zadina fan and don't want another winger anyway.

7ov, 37ov, +?

Don't really care that much tbh, I'd rather more picks and see if we can move down a spot or two

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Rinse repeat.

People wonder why threads dive into chaos every time Leafs fans enter them searching for defenceman. You’d think after the past two years of the same threads there would be improvement or at least progress, but here we are again having to deal with piss poor offers from Leafers over and over again.
Exactly this. The Leafs should have made a move for more help on D this year. Their D was atrocious and severely overrated by their fan base.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad