Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
POLL #3 (103 total votes)
Thatcher Demko - 59 votes
Jake Virtanen - 43 votes
Nikita Tryamkin - 1 vote​

Rank | Player | POS | 2015/16 Team | HT | WT | DOB | Drafted OA | 2015 Rank | Poll%
1|Brock Boeser|RW|Univ. of North Dakota (NCAA)|6.01|192|Feb 25 1997|23rd (2015)|3 (↑2)| 50.30%
2|Olli Juolevi|D|London (OHL)|6.03|179|May 5 1998|5th (2016)|NR| 61.90%
3|Thatcher Demko|G|Boston College (NCAA)|6.04|192|Dec 8 1995|36th (2014)|4 (↑1)| 57.28%

Added - William Lockwood

Sorry 'bout the delay - carry on!

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
I'm interested to see who gets picked after Virtanen. There definitely seems to be a drop off after the top-4. Tryamkin?

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
I'm interested to see who gets picked after Virtanen. There definitely seems to be a drop off after the top-4. Tryamkin?
It's significant, yeah. I think you'll see Tryamkin, and then it'll be some amalgamation of Subban, Stecher, Gaunce and Brisebois after that.

Or I may just be projecting my rankings onto the poll, I don't know.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Our prospect pool honestly looks pretty awful. After JV (who I am not even a huge fan of) there is not much to really get excited about.

JA

I nominate Jakob Stukel to be added to the list of poll options.

Last edited by a moderator:

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
Just wondering. Why is Jake Virtanen still considered a prospect when he played 55 games with the Canucks last season??

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
10 games! :shakehead

NOTE: These are general guidelines and should be followed the majority of the time but certain players may still be listed as prospects if circumstances warrant. Also, for players that are close to either the 65-game (skaters) or 45-game (goaltenders) benchmark but have also clearly "arrived" as NHL players, HF reserves the right to remove these players from consideration as prospects and instead consider these players graduated.

So it can definitely be debated... But I don't think personally Virtanen has really 'Arrived' as an NHL player yet.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
My boy virt is going to prove the doubters wrong. Behind Demko lol.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Our prospect pool honestly looks pretty awful. After JV (who I am not even a huge fan of) there is not much to really get excited about.

tryamkin? I think he would be worth a late first now to the Canucks. The top 5 is very good after that nothing much. Tryamkin has huge upside and has been progressing quickly every year. I think he has as much potential as Hutton moving from 17 to 5 on our prospect list is huge. Where was Hutton last year

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Just wondering. Why is Jake Virtanen still considered a prospect when he played 55 games with the Canucks last season??

Because he is still only 19 and wasn't really given a big role, I think he could still be considered a prospect.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
It bad I liked our prospect pool much better this time last year? Looked so much deeper with Hutton, McCann, and Shinkaruk.

Well Hutton grad'ed which is what you want out of a prospect. The McCann trade pisses me off but he'd have moved off the list either way (played 69 NHL games). Shinkaruk being moved def stings though. Can't think of a more useless trade since ... oh who am I kidding, probably not that long ago. Damn.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Well Hutton grad'ed which is what you want out of a prospect. The McCann trade pisses me off but he'd have moved off the list either way (played 69 NHL games). Shinkaruk being moved def stings though. Can't think of a more useless trade since ... oh who am I kidding, probably not that long ago. Damn.

Yeah, I have no problem with Hutton, that's just a complaint born out of aesthetics. I think he's really underrated around here and see a whole lot of offensive potential in him.

McCann trade sucks but I think he was moving off the team one way or another, I just wish we moulded him into something so we could get some more value back.

Shinkaruk trade is purposeless. I honestly have no idea where Granlund goes in this organization in the big picture. Unless Bo implodes or Sutter's career magically de-rails. He's not going to grow at C. And I haven't really seen enough of him on wing to say he's anything more than a bottom 6 guy.

Wow. That trade pisses me off the more I think about it.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Virtanen even though I don't consider him a prospect spending the whole season up with the big club..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad