Speculation: Vancouver’s ROR interest

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
There is no way it starts with the 7th pick. That's way too much. ROR makes 7 mil/yr.

Something around Tanev makes the most sense to me.
If he had more term left on his deal and could actually stay on the ice maybe, but neither are the case. It's been discussed ad nauseum if Vancouver won't part with Pettersson, Boeser, the 7th overall, or Horvat there's no deal to be had. You can't expect to get a 1st line center with several years of control for B prospects and 2nd round draft picks. I'm not going to tell Canucks fans they should part with those assets either as they'd be better served rebuilding and keeping their key assets.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I just don't see him coming to Vancouver. Unless it involves players over our 1st.
It makes no sense for the Canucks to acquire ROR. He’s 27, with 5 years left on his dea that takes him to age 32. That’s pretty much the eNd of his prime years.

Are the Canucks in a position to take advantage of his prime years? No.. they will waste away the remainder of his 20’s during their rebuild.

And then you get to thsee delimna if extending a 32 year old who would want a 5 year deal until age 37.

Logically makes no sense given the window to win hasn’t opened for the Canucks. ROR should be a target for a team that is ready to be a consistent playoff team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad