Speculation: Vancouver’s ROR interest

WildThingRickVaughn

Apr 7, 2016
It’s surprising that Vancouver would be interested in ROR, it seems like the exact opposite of what they should be doing, but what I think it could be is the Canucks trying to somehow land Hanifin without giving up seventh overall.

So Vancouver would acquire O’Reilly in a quantity type package and I’m just spitballing here but maybe something g around Gaudette, Kole Lind, (Troy Stecher or Another roster player) and Pick 37. I know Buffalo fans will hate that, but it’s about acquiring depth and assets

and then flip him to Carolina for Hanifin directly

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
why cant BUF just deal w/ CAR directly? I saw a deal around ROR+(not a huge piece) for Hanifin+Rask which i thought wasn't too bad

edit - sorry read to fast, VAN flips ROR to CAR for Hanifin.

IMO I think a deal could be had that b/w CAR and BUF which is better than the package you're proposing from VAN to BUF

WildThingRickVaughn

Apr 7, 2016
why cant BUF just deal w/ CAR directly? I saw a deal around ROR+(not a huge piece) for Hanifin+Rask which i thought wasn't too bad

This would be assuming they’re not interested in Hanifin and want more of a quantity deal

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
1) why start a new thread, there was a massive one already going
2)not enough going to Buffalo I would guess for them to want to- nor should we be giving up 3 futures to net Hanifin
3)what the other poster said, Vancouver doesn't need to be involved at all for a ROR and Hanifin swap

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
It’s surprising that Vancouver would be interested in ROR, it seems like the exact opposite of what they should be doing, but what I think it could be is the Canucks trying to somehow land Hanifin without giving up seventh overall.

So Vancouver would acquire O’Reilly in a quantity type package and I’m just spitballing here but maybe something g around Gaudette, Kole Lind, (Troy Stecher or Another roster player) and Pick 37. I know Buffalo fans will hate that, but it’s about acquiring depth and assets

and then flip him to Carolina for Hanifin directly

Depth can be obtained easily by other means... this is a flat out moronic proposal

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
I guess when Botterill and Don Waddell try to call each other they keep getting redirected to Benning, so this is the only way that will work

I would much rather CAR & BUF do that trade and leave the Canucks out of it.

WildThingRickVaughn

Apr 7, 2016
Depth can be obtained easily by other means... this is a flat out moronic proposal

Gaudette would likely be the Sabres 3C next year easily, and is a pretty strong prospect plus another top five team prospect in lind and 38 which can be packed with 32 to move up if there was a player they really like higher. With a third player I’d say it’s pretty close in value

WildThingRickVaughn

Apr 7, 2016

IMO I think a deal could be had that b/w CAR and BUF which is better than the package you're proposing from VAN to BUF

Probably but I also think it could be a case where CAR values Hanifin high and ROR is caked high by Buffalo and both teams want each other to add. So Vancouver reallly wants Hanifin so they go after ROR give up quantity and then instead of giving up seven, they give up ROR and one more peice

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Gaudette would likely be the Sabres 3C next year easily, and is a pretty strong prospect plus another top five team prospect in lind and 38 which can be packed with 32 to move up if there was a player they really like higher. With a third player I’d say it’s pretty close in value

34ew9qe.png

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Just stop, if Vancouver wants RoR it STARTS with their 1st round pick this year, that's not debatable

i'd much rather take a chance at Hanifin + and see if Carolina bites

Reactions: normaliswear

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
There is no way it starts with the 7th pick. That's way too much. ROR makes 7 mil/yr.

Something around Tanev makes the most sense to me.

Reactions: Sedinsquared

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Just stop, if Vancouver wants RoR it STARTS with their 1st round pick this year, that's not debatable

i'd much rather take a chance at Hanifin + and see if Carolina bites

It doesn’t start with 7, but it does end with 7 OA. Vancouver isn’t trading a top 10 pick for a guy who will be over 30 by the time they’re ready to compete.

Reactions: THE Green Man

WildThingRickVaughn

Apr 7, 2016

I also think it’s a case where Carolina values Hanifin high and Buffalo values ROR high and both teams think the other team needs to add more
And/Or Buffalo is just not interested in another LHD since they have Dahlin, Scandella, Guhle and McCabe, but Vancouver is, but don’t want to give up 7 OA so they come in and get ROR in a quantity type deal and then add another player with ROR in a deal for Hanifin
That’s the only reason why I think. Van would be interested in a 27 year old Center at 7.5 x 5 as a rebuilding team

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Draft Day

:sabres
42OA or Equivalent Prospect

:canes
Future Considerations

7OA
Brandon Sutter

:nucks
Ryan O'Reilly

July 1st

Ryan O'Reilly
Michael Del Zotto/Ben Hutton

Noah Hanifin
Victor Rask

Sedinsquared

Apr 22, 2014
Draft Day

42OA or Equivalent Prospect

Future Considerations

7OA
Brandon Sutter

Ryan O'Reilly

July 1st

Ryan O'Reilly
Michael Del Zotto/Ben Hutton

Noah Hanifin
Victor Rask

I could maybe live with that, what would it take from van to turn task into lindholm? He’d be awesome with boeser and or pett

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad