Proposal: VAN/WPG

The Alien

From another world.
Apr 1, 2015
BC
I think I proposed a 1-for-1 in the Laine thread, but it didn't get any traction. Makes sense, Brock is closer to his family, Laine goes somewhere he may fit in better. Only issue is that we love Brock, and Laine is worth more.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
To Vancouver Canucks
Patrik Laine
Dmitri Kulikov

To Winnipeg Jets
Brock Boeser
Christopher Tanev

Usually, thread posters actually give justification for their proposal rather than throw names at a wall and sit back.

Give some effort if you actually want responses.

Edit: Why do I even bother with sub 1K posters?

Reactions: Art of Sedinery

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
It's more fair than you think. Laine is the better goal scorer, but Boeser is the better all around player and has a better points per game average in his career, plus he's locked in for one year longer.
Laine has 3g7a. He's been throwing checks, digging in on the boards and playing ferocious defense.
Boeser seems a little fragile. Total points mean more than average points.
Laine is also younger. He turns 22 next April.

It's a garbage proposal. You want Laine, it's Petey and a 1st.

Reactions: Peter Tagli Eddie

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Laine has 3g7a. He's been throwing checks, digging in on the boards and playing ferocious defense.
Boeser seems a little fragile. Total points mean more than average points.
Laine is also younger. He turns 22 next April.

It's a garbage proposal. You want Laine, it's Petey and a 1st.

Your proposal is even more garbage than the OP's.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
pretty bad for the jets. say what you want about laine but he has gotten between 30-44 goals all three years of his elc while boeser has yet to stay healthy enough to even hit 30

tanev for kulikov doesnt come close to making it worthy.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Your proposal is even more garbage than the OP's.
And yet, it's not a proposal. The request for Laine comes from your side. OP has to give us a reason to part with Laine. I'm just telling him wjere the line between "eff off," and "lemme think about it" is.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
And yet, it's not a proposal. The request for Laine comes from your side. OP has to give us a reason to part with Laine. I'm just telling him wjere the line between "eff off," and "lemme think about it" is.

I can certainly see what your rationale is, so no need for explanation.

Just letting you know that the OP doesn't speak on behalf of any of us to begin with (plus Jets would getting a lot more in the trade value based on what your offer was, and yes I understand it would take overpayment instead of fair value to nab Patrik, but your offer would be garbage from a Canucks fan POV).

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
It's more fair than you think. Laine is the better goal scorer, but Boeser is the better all around player and has a better points per game average in his career, plus he's locked in for one year longer.
Better all around player
nope...

Laine has almost same goals as Boeser career points despite being younger.
All that at age 20 , before 21

Reactions: Snowman

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
I think I proposed a 1-for-1 in the Laine thread, but it didn't get any traction. Makes sense, Brock is closer to his family, Laine goes somewhere he may fit in better. Only issue is that we love Brock, and Laine is worth more.
Seems to be fitting in quite nicely on that top line dontcha know

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Tanev and Kulikov are both on expiring contract and a wash This trade cleverly disguised as Boeser for Laine I really like Boeser when he’s healthy
Laine been a beast for the Jets so far and Boeser so injury prone that it’s No from this Jets fan
And even if Boeser is healthy , Laine is younger and has higher ceiling.
Besides that Laine laughs at the no Fort nite policy from the Canucks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad