Post-Game Talk: VAN VS NSH 8:15-ish The Whale Song

Status
Not open for further replies.

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
Your fallacy doesn't explain why our guys who are paid to be the big scorers are underperforming so far. Josi without a goal, Forsberg with only one, Nyquist with only one ... meanwhile Sissons has four, Smith and Sherwood with two each.
How is it a fallacy if the “tertiary” players are the ones getting it done (in the sense that the team is expected to not make the playoffs). As a fan, which I assume you are (?), I would think you would be excited that the “tertiary” players are showing up when our primary players are not (yet?).

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
How is it a fallacy if the “tertiary” players are the ones getting it done (in the sense that the team is expected to not make the playoffs). As a fan, which I assume you are (?), I would think you would be excited that the “tertiary” players are showing up when our primary players are not (yet?).
We're nearing the 10% point of the season. The players we're paying over $8mil need to perform. Counting on Smith, Sissons, and Sherwood to carry the scoring load is not a recipe for success.

Those players aren't better than I think . The players paid to execute aren't showing up on the scoresheet. Hence, the fallacy.

I now see why you spent years offering nothing more than smile emojis.

Reactions: hido

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
We're nearing the 10% point of the season. The players we're paying over $8mil need to perform. Counting on Smith, Sissons, and Sherwood to carry the scoring load is not a recipe for success.

Those players aren't better than I think . The players paid to execute aren't showing up on the scoresheet. Hence, the fallacy.

I think we all agree that we would like to see our “stars” performing better. I also think that we are all happy that our “tertiary” players are performing as expected or better. Which is what the HC and GM wanted. Please respond with a smiley! :thumbu:

In all seriousness, do you live in Nashville? I would gladly like to invite you to a game and discuss what we each see. My seats rock.

Reactions: LCPreds

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I do like our speed. I wish we had a lot more skil

I think we all agree that we would like to see our “stars” performing better. I also think that we are all happy that our “tertiary” players are performing as expected or better. Which is what the HC and GM wanted. Please respond with a smiley! :thumbu:

In all seriousness, do you live in Nashville? I would gladly like to invite you to a game and discuss what we each see. My seats rock.
Smiley

• Haha
Reactions: LCPreds and hido

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville

Honestly, if you are a legit, long time member, especially a sponsor, hit me up if you want to go to a game. Lotta games ahead. No psychos/trolls, please.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005

We currently have no goals from the blueline .... period. Forsberg with only one goal and that on the PP. Novak with only one ES goal. Nyquist's only goal was a 6on5 deflection off a defender's skate. The bulk of this team's scoring is from the group of players that are perennial whipping boys (Sherwood, Smith) or guys way over performing (Sissons). Novak is the only guy projected to score who is doing so. ... and he's getting that done on the PP, not ES. Only three players have multiple ES goals with a goalie in net ... Sissons, Smith, Sherwood.

5on5 scoring is absent from the players paid to get that done. The PP feasted on the sharks ... mediocre to poor the rest of the season. The "new system" or "roster change" excuses are used up at this point.

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
We currently have no goals from the blueline .... period. Forsberg with only one goal and that on the PP. Novak with only one ES goal. Nyquist's only goal was a 6on5 deflection off a defender's skate. The bulk of this team's scoring is from the group of players that are perennial whipping boys (Sherwood, Smith) or guys way over performing (Sissons). Novak is the only guy projected to score who is doing so. ... and he's getting that done on the PP, not ES. Only three players have multiple ES goals with a goalie in net ... Sissons, Smith, Sherwood.

5on5 scoring is absent from the players paid to get that done. The PP feasted on the sharks ... mediocre to poor the rest of the season. The "new system" or "roster change" excuses are used up at this point.
I think I completely agreed with you in my previous post.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
The Canucks prevented the easy breakout and bomb pass attack. They owned the territory aspect.

Shot numbers for our forwards are ugly ... ROR, Novak, Pärssinen combined for zero SOG. Add Smith to that group of shotless wonders.

Now Saturday is an almost must win to keep the team at .500 before heading off to western Canada on that first long road trip.

Reactions: AnalogKid and hido

AnalogKid

Oct 3, 2017
Well that wasn't last Tuesday awful but dang, a win would have been nice.

We really need to shoot the puck more often and as much as I have a crush on Evangelista he is also filling out an application for Whipping Boy in my world.

FDA guys had fun so that's cool, added bonus of being behind Military Salute guy so we got onto the Jumbotron as well.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Well, wish we could have at least gotten a point but the Canucks were just better. It didn't matter but it was kind of funny that Vancouver did NOT get an empty net goal no matter how hard they tried. Looked oddly familiar.

Reactions: AnalogKid

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Carrier looked fantastic last night, he's been great all year but really stood out. Novak's creativity was on full display too. McD looked really solid as well.

O'Reilly has been great this year but had a tough one last night, found myself shaking my head at plays in the D zone from him a few times. Saros likely should have had the first goal, but hey, it happens.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Well that wasn't last Tuesday awful but dang, a win would have been nice.

We really need to shoot the puck more often and as much as I have a crush on Evangelista he is also filling out an application for Whipping Boy in my world.

FDA guys had fun so that's cool, added bonus of being behind Military Salute guy so we got onto the Jumbotron as well.
Was not pleased with Evangelista last night and overall this year. I have noticed that possession often ends when the puck gets onto his stick. The exact opposite of how he was playing last year.

Reactions: AnalogKid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad