Confirmed with Link: [VAN/TB] Jason Garrison, 7th in 2015, Jeff Costello for TB's 2nd (50th OA)

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
With absolutely no D-men on the market, how is THIS the value they extract for Jason Garrison? This is $*&#ing insane.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
I am seriously coming apart at the seams. I am baffled by this deal. Ugly trade.

Cap dumping a good player? A good hometown boy on a great contract? What the heck is happening?

Reactions: Peen

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Moulson - Stastny - Jensen
Higgins - Bonino - Kassian
Matthias - Richardson - Hansen

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Tanev
Stanton - Sbisa

If we sign Statsny and Moulson/Cammalleri

Sbisa is a left side defenseman; not sure if having him play on the right side is going to help straighten out his game (which needs to happen as he's bad in his own zone). If Tanev or Bieksa get hurt....it'll get ugly really fast.

Not a great blueline just got worse by switching form Sbisa to Garrison right now. In the future? Who knows.

Course, I'll continue to hold out hope that Benning is able to get right side offensive D.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
What a moronic trade. People can rag on Garrison all they want, but it's not like his contract was an anchor. He was a serviceable top 4 dman who happened to have a poor season due to groin issues...

We just unloaded a valuable asset for a pick, and had to piss away a 7th too. We didn't even get a roster player back.

Ridiculous.

Reactions: Peen

TARS

May 3, 2009
Vancouver
I think they are gunning hard for the first overall. Also, to make a splash in free agency.

There's an outside chance the trade for 1OA is done and Benning is restocking picks he used to get it.

Then cap space to go after... Someone? in free agency.

This could go okay. Or not. I don't even know what to think right now.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
Time for Benning and team to do some draft magic now!
That's two first round picks.
Two second round picks.
And two thirds with Annaheim's third.

We could come out of this draft with a huge haul and be well on the way to a rebuild. Or maybe the 1st overall?

exactly. this is exciting. stoked for tonight.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
may I ask a question

This goes back to the discussion right after the Luongo trade

Just to make sure I call it correctly-- are the canucks rebuilding or retooling?

Just want to make sure I call what the canucks are doing correctly and not upset anyone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad