Proposal: [VAN-STL] Vince Dunn to Vancouver

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I would be pretty disturbed if either player alone would be dealt for that package.

Sure the Blues May lose Dunn to get Pietro signed. But Hoglander is a player that is about the polar opposite of the Blues current core that is signed for the foreseeable future.

Someone asked regarding Sunny earlier for a realistic price. If you don’t watch the contributions Sunny makes pretty much on a nightly basis I don’t think that you’d really see how valuable and how good of a fit he is for the Blues. Realistically if I were in control I’d want a pick that’s top20 to consider moving him. A highly skilled undersized winger and a 3rd really isn’t appealing at all to the Blues current makeup. If that’s the best offer on the table for Dunn and all other options are exhausted to ensure we could sign him and Pietrangelo it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world for Dunn straight up.

Dunn definitely has his flaws some nights in the defensive zone, but he’s a very good player. The issue right now I’d imagine from the outside looking in is that the bubble play from the Blues from top to bottom was pretty atrocious and I’m assuming most of the board was exposed to quite a bit of hockey from the Bubble. The what have you done for me lately evaluation isn’t a realistic assessment of most of the Blues roster.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I like Dunn a lot, he is really mature for a 23 year old dman. However I have no idea regarding what he could get. The Kapanen trade and the auction process to get him can let us think that young player under cost control will get a premium. On the other hand, we do not really know what Dunn will want as far as salary goes (I heard 4-5m).

However let us not undervalue Hoglander. Reading about him, it seems he may be a very talented top 6 forward. I am sure whether or not he is NHL ready yet but I would prefer him over the 20 OA this year I believe. He likely will come sooner to the NHL and by all accounts this draft is quite poor past the top 10.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Dunn is a good player. But he’s a left shot guy. Canucks have Rathbone and Juiolevi coming soon. They need a right shot guy.

Reactions: Peter Griffin

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Man, I know Dunn is an analytics darling and all but he was putrid against Vancouver.

That said, I can't see the Blues making this deal.

Also not sure I see VAN dealing Hoglander. They're gonna need cheap middle-six offensive option soon and Hoglander seems to be on that trajectory.

Was any Blue good in that series? Not sure they showed up mentally. They seemed to have checked out.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Dunn is coming off of his ELC with no arbitration rights, so his value to the Blues is astronomically high, and moving him isn't going to help with their cap situation whatsoever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad