Proposal: [VAN-STL] Vince Dunn to Vancouver

Tv9924

Sep 16, 2012
Surrey, BC
The Blues currently can't afford to sign Pietrangelo and Dunn both. This trade creates room for them to re-sign Pietrangelo while getting back a quality top 6 F prospect in Hoglander, who was ranked 30th in Corey Pronman's midseason NHL prospect ranking:

30. Nils Hoglander, LW, Vancouver (Rogle-SHL)
Dec. 20, 2000 | 5-foot-9 | 190 pounds
Drafted: 40th-overall (2019)
Previous ranking: No. 76
Skating: 55
Puck Skills: 70
Physical Game: 35
Hockey Sense: 60
Hoglander has been good in the SHL this season and was one of the top scorers at the world juniors. His skill is truly something different, and in terms of pure hands, there are few in the world who can handle a puck like him. Hoglander isn’t the biggest, but he’s tough and wins battles versus men. There are reasonable questions on how well he distributes the puck and how quick he is for a small forward, but his creativity is so good and he’s so tough that I don’t feel those limitations will hold him back. He’s a player on the upswing.

And here's the trade:

To Vancouver:
  • Vince Dunn (RFA)
  • Oskar Sundqvist (2.75M)
To St. Louis:
  • Nils Hoglander (ELC)
  • 3rd round pick 2022

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
200.gif

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
a good but not great prospect and a 3rd for two good NHLers?

this is pretty bad. 1st+Hoglander makes sense

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Sundqvist is better than any bottom 6’er on Vancouver’s roster. So no.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I really like Sundqvist's game, and wouldn't mind him in Detroit even if he is "old" for a rebuild. Good character player you can plug in wherever and not afraid to get involved physically. What is the Blues realistic ask for him if he was to be moved?

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I really like Sundqvist's game, and wouldn't mind him in Detroit even if he is "old" for a rebuild. Good character player you can plug in wherever and not afraid to get involved physically. What is the Blues realistic ask for him if he was to be moved?
A first round pick. And yes, that’s realistic (but if the team attempting to acquire him has a top 10 pick, then obviously that team shouldn’t do it. But an early second doesn’t do it for the Blues). And honestly, I wouldn’t do it for a late first, either. Sundqvist is an important player for the Blues’ window. He can change the momentum of a game with the way he plays.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Man, I know Dunn is an analytics darling and all but he was putrid against Vancouver.

That said, I can't see the Blues making this deal.

Also not sure I see VAN dealing Hoglander. They're gonna need cheap middle-six offensive option soon and Hoglander seems to be on that trajectory.
I agree with you on Dunn against Vancouver. I thought he would be Montreal's answer for a top 4d . He didn't seem to show much on defense or offense

boots legrand

Jun 13, 2018
What you saw of Dunn against the Canucks was a small sample outlier. He' s
a top 4 defenseman with PP potential IMO - terrific skating ability and very elusive with the puck on his stick.

boots legrand

Jun 13, 2018
The Blues currently can't afford to sign Pietrangelo and Dunn both. This trade creates room for them to re-sign Pietrangelo while getting back a quality top 6 F prospect in Hoglander, who was ranked 30th in Corey Pronman's midseason NHL prospect ranking:

30. Nils Hoglander, LW, Vancouver (Rogle-SHL)
Dec. 20, 2000 | 5-foot-9 | 190 pounds
Drafted: 40th-overall (2019)
Previous ranking: No. 76
Skating: 55
Puck Skills: 70
Physical Game: 35
Hockey Sense: 60
Hoglander has been good in the SHL this season and was one of the top scorers at the world juniors. His skill is truly something different, and in terms of pure hands, there are few in the world who can handle a puck like him. Hoglander isn’t the biggest, but he’s tough and wins battles versus men. There are reasonable questions on how well he distributes the puck and how quick he is for a small forward, but his creativity is so good and he’s so tough that I don’t feel those limitations will hold him back. He’s a player on the upswing.

And here's the trade:

To Vancouver:
  • Vince Dunn (RFA)
  • Oskar Sundqvist (2.75M)
To St. Louis:
  • Nils Hoglander (ELC)
  • 3rd round pick 2022

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad