Video [VAN/SJ] Ryan Stanton vs. Andrew Desjardins

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Seemed like both defensemen wanted to go. I don't think Desjardins had a fair go of it, but from what I've heard Standon is a tough customer.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
stand up for his goalie? Desjardins didn't do anything to Luongo. Can't skate towards the goalie with his Michelin man pads on without needing to be fought. What a joke.

TheGooooch

Mar 29, 2008
San Francisco
haha, way to stand up for your goalie. Bieksa is such a tough guy, cross checking someone who is already engaged with someone else.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
haha, way to stand up for your goalie. Bieksa is such a tough guy, cross checking someone who is already engaged with someone else.

yeah how dare he stand up for his goalie, Desjardins lucky it was Stanton and not Bieksa throwing them

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation
stand up for his goalie? Desjardins didn't do anything to Luongo. Can't skate towards the goalie with his Michelin man pads on without needing to be fought. What a joke.

He game him a snow shower, technically a 2 minute unsportsmanlike penalty. Since the refs don't call it, the defenseman stepped in. Notice how there were no more snow showers after?

He's lucky that Stanton got to him first and not Bieksa. If you wanna call a player in that game "a tough guy" sarcastically, I would suggest looking at Wingels. Jumps Bieksa and then turtles when he gets a couple of punches fed to him.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Stick up for his goalie? Bieksa jumps him then backs out after getting a few shots in. Desjardins made no contact with Luongo...

I didn't say contact had been made. Desjardins clearly snow showered Luongo, which is a no-no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad