Confirmed with Link: [VAN/SJ] Hansen(20% ret.) for Goldobin, Cond'l '17 4th (becomes 1st if SJ wins Cup)

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Eh, not terrible, but was hoping for more. Is this really Benning making these trades?

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Thinking the conditional pick could get better depending on how deep the Sharks go in the playoffs.

Yeah, hope it can go as high as a 2nd if they get to the Finals.

In any case, this is a good trade. May or may not pan out but the value is right. Good work Jim.

Thank you Hansen for being a ****ing beast for this club for so many years. Best 9th rounder in Canucks history!!

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
LOL. What did you expect? Shattenkirk return levels? That's a fair deal if not a good deal for the Canucks. You're nuts.

I really wanted a 1st, but Goldobin is good too. This deal has the potential to be a fleece depending on the conditional pick.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
My god first time I have been able to get onto HF all night.

I like Goldobin happy with the return. Benning winning at the deadline deals so far.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Sharks fan, Goldy is a good player. He didn't get many chances in SJ and thats mostly because his defensive details weren't good enough to fit into the top 6. He played one game this year for the big club and lead the team in take aways so I think he's really worked on that. No doubt he has amazing hands and could bank tons of points if he had decent line mates.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Solid. Not a crazy steal like Burrows, but very happy with this. LW on the verge of the NHL, plus that condition could move up depending on the condition

tiny103

Jun 28, 2008
Ottawa
Love to get an updated report on him. His draft profiles make him seem like hes got real potential to be a sniper

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
collecting more and more smallish skilled european wingers. where's the good old canadian boys? - Don Cherry

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
People would rather have a pick between 22 and 30 in a weak draft, than a recent 1st round pick who is nearly PPG in the AHL? You realize Goldobin is doing what we would be hoping a prospect would do but 3 years ahead of time right?

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Time to fire up a Honeybadger appreciation thread eh?

Thanks for the memories Hansen, best of luck~

Good solid trade yet again, what a time to be alive.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Initial impression: not a bad trade, but I don't exactly love it. Need to see a lot more of Goldobin but his stats are impressive (then again so were Vey's and Clendenning's). Glad they made the trade anyway and I'm excited to see what he can do.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I'm also happy for Hansen and his family to be able to stay on West Coast and play on a contender this year and likely a playoff team next year. I hope he does well with the Sharks this year.

Going to miss the hell out of Hansen.

The Canuck

Feb 22, 2017
Sharks fan, Goldy is a good player. He didn't get many chances in SJ and thats mostly because his defensive details weren't good enough to fit into the top 6. He played one game this year for the big club and lead the team in take aways so I think he's really worked on that. No doubt he has amazing hands and could bank tons of points if he had decent line mates.

Thanks. I wonder what the conditions are for the 4th round.

You guys got a solid solid 2 way player who leaves it out all on the ice.

This was a fair deal! Hopefully he's our Ehrhoff gift to you guys like in 2011 ;)

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Thanks. :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad