Proposal: VAN-OTT

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Lol, okay. The Sens have the best piece of garbage. :huh:

Are you intentionally dense? :huh:

The Sens need to add NHL DMen. Trading Phaneuf for a guy on a long, bad contract who plays at our greatest position of depth isn't a smart move. I would gladly trade Phaneuf for almost anything, Loui Eriksson is not a piece I would trade Phaneuf for. I think almost any Sens fan would agree.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
Are you intentionally dense? :huh:

The Sens need to add NHL DMen. Trading Phaneuf for a guy on a long, bad contract who plays at our greatest position of depth isn't a smart move. I would gladly trade Phaneuf for almost anything, Loui Eriksson is not a piece I would trade Phaneuf for. I think almost any Sens fan would agree.

No. Like I said, you have the best piece of garbage.. for the next 4 years at 7million. :thumbu:

Reactions: MasterMatt25

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
No. Like I said, you have the best piece of garbage.. for the next 4 years at 7million. :thumbu:

Okay, intentionally dense it is!

Eriksson is literally one of the few pieces in the league that I wouldn't trade Phaneuf for. Sorry that this fact hurts you so.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Thank God the Sens have Gil Scott Perron looking out for their garbage. No swindling him.

lol where do you think you are? This is a fantasy board. The guy proposed a trade and I said that the Sens likely wouldn't do it for several different reasons. Look in the Phaneuf trade thread and you'll find plenty of other Sens fans saying the exact same thing (while happily agreeing that they'd give up Phaneuf for like, anything else that was offered). The Sens have some pretty bad garbage but Eriksson might very well be the worst garbage deal in the league.

Again, I'm sorry that this hurts you so. Have a good one!

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
For some reason, Phaneuf didn't waive his NMC for Vegas, I doubt if he waives for Vancouver. And Phaneuf had a front loaded contract, so while his cap it is 7m, his actual salary is less which Melynk likes.

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
lol where do you think you are? This is a fantasy board. The guy proposed a trade and I said that the Sens likely wouldn't do it for several different reasons. Look in the Phaneuf trade thread and you'll find plenty of other Sens fans saying the exact same thing (while happily agreeing that they'd give up Phaneuf for like, anything else that was offered). The Sens have some pretty bad garbage but Eriksson might very well be the worst garbage deal in the league.

Again, I'm sorry that this hurts you so. Have a good one!

They're both garbage. It's a garbage swap.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
They're both garbage. It's a garbage swap.
Are you seriously not grasping this?

I agree. It's a garbage swap. Not all garbage is equal. The Sens need more DMen, not less. They need less bottom 6 forwards signed long-term, not more.

The value might be equal, it doesn't work for the Sens in any way. I would rather buy Phaneuf out than trade him for Eriksson.

I have nothing more to say.

I mean, yeah...

We keep him because his garbage contract, and garbage play is better than Erikson's garbage contract and garbage play.

I said this almost word for word, and then explained it again two more times in different words. I wouldn't engage :laugh:

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Vancouver would need to add a prospect/pick as Loui has the longer term, and might be arguably the worse player.
Either way though, like someone said, Phaneuf would negate the move.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Are you seriously not grasping this?

I agree. It's a garbage swap. Not all garbage is equal. The Sens need more DMen, not less. They need less bottom 6 forwards signed long-term, not more.

The value might be equal, it doesn't work for the Sens in any way. I would rather buy Phaneuf out than trade him for Eriksson.

I have nothing more to say.

I said this almost word for word, and then explained it again two more times in different words. I wouldn't engage :laugh:

You don't think things through do you?

Under their current staff Erikson gets back to 30 goals, he is Taylor made for that team, Pheneuf? You don't think it gets worse huh?

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
You don't think things through do you?

Under their current staff Erikson gets back to 30 goals, he is Taylor made for that team, Pheneuf? You don't think it gets worse huh?

Every Sens fan in this thread has agreed with me. Jeez, Canucks fans are touchy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad