Proposal: Van/NJ

Nucks for the Cup

Jul 28, 2011
Vancouver
Because they like Keith Kinkaid more and paying your backup 6M a year in the cap era isn’t smart.

Cause Schneider hasn’t been good for like 2 years now...

Don't care how bad hes been Id rather have a backup goalie that has a sub 3.0 GAA the last two years making 6mil over the next 4 years, instead of a 20 point 3rd liner thats only getting slower in a league that keeps getting more and more about speed thats also making 6mil over 4 and Markstrom hasn't been consistently good enough to make it up the difference

Reactions: BabyPanda

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Sooo the Devils take in just under 10 million dollars to get rid of 6... make sense to me. Eriksson's contract is an anchor.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Honestly not that bad. Eriksson is still a good top 9 forward and is underrated defensively. Not sure why New Jersey would rather pay 6 million to someone who sits on the bench when they can pay the same for a productive top 9 player. I’d do it from a Canucks side hoping that Schneider can return to Vancouver form.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Honestly not that bad. Eriksson is still a good top 9 forward and is underrated defensively. Not sure why New Jersey would rather pay 6 million to someone who sits on the bench when they can pay the same for a productive top 9 player. I’d do it from a Canucks side hoping that Schneider can return to Vancouver form.
its terrible for NJ. They have no youth coming up for the goaltending spot, therefore having two guys instead of one who can play in the NHL beats having a similar contract in a forward, where hed be playing over youth and thats just not a recipe for success.

Schneider isnt in anyones way, Eriksson most certainly would be

Reactions: BabyPanda

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Does Schneider even want to go back after the fiasco from years ago? If so, it would be nice to see him in Canucks jersey again but either way, neither trade solves anything for either team

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Eriksson signed for three more years after this at age 33 is an outrageously bad contract.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Don't care to bring back Schneider and Canucks will just expose Eriksson to Seattle, they don't need money right now and he will get picked.

Reactions: THE Green Man

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Obviously, but so does Schneider. Less years but bad contract still. I’d retain a bit on Erikssson because his contract is longer.
There are multiple teams that would take Schneider for free. He looked great in the playoffs last year.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
There are multiple teams that would take Schneider for free. He looked great in the playoffs last year.
Since joining the Devils, his goals against average has steadily declined: 1.97, 2.26, 2.35, 2.82, 2.93, 2.67 in the AHL, and 3.24 this season. His save percentage has been below .900 this season even in the AHL, and has declined hard since joining the devils, .907 and .908 the years before. He’s not even close to being worth 6 million a year.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Since joining the Devils, his goals against average has steadily declined: 1.97, 2.26, 2.35, 2.82, 2.93, 2.67 in the AHL, and 3.24 this season. His save percentage has been below .900 this season even in the AHL, and has declined hard since joining the devils, .907 and .908 the years before. He’s not even close to being worth 6 million a year.
we really gonna use GAA for one game for this year huh

alrighty then

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad