Proposal: VAN / MTL

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Montreal are not allowing Gallagher to play the season in Montreal and reach unrestricted free agency .They will trade him if he doesn't sign an extension.
That’s absurd. Completely unfounded and utterly illogical. Habs are set to start the season.

Still waiting on your source... lol

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
why is montreal giving away the best player, best prospect and taking a cap dump?

this is truly horrible

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
That’s absurd. Completely unfounded and utterly illogical. Habs are set to start the season.

Still waiting on your source... lol
Montreal are not risking losing Gallagher in unrestricted free agency . What you think is absurd holds no importance.
Montreal will trade Gallagher if he doesn't sign an extension.
Take Care.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Montreal are not risking losing Gallagher in unrestricted free agency . What you think is absurd holds no importance.
Montreal will trade Gallagher if he doesn't sign an extension.
Take Care.
Montreal will hold onto Gallagher and resume talks later in the year. Montreal won’t trade Gallagher while they are in compete mode. His 3.75M salary is a gift for a team that is ready to compete. Take care!

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
While the previous offer is an obvious overpayment from VAN, I believe Gallagher as a rental would get at least Hoglander + 1st given the fact he is not Hall, but better than Toffoli or Zucker as recent comps.

Liking both teams I believe Gallagher fits both bills, so I'd like to see him in either jerseys, even though he is kind of a fan'savorite in MTL.

Regarding the next contract, I think he takes 6 years, gets LTIRed after 3, so no issue ;)
That makes no sense. You said he's not all but then proceed to say Hoglander+1st which is a more valuable package than 1st+Bahl+Merkley. Gallagher is not returning as much as people think. 1st+Woo for example is the most you are getting with no salary coming back.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Montreal will hold onto Gallagher and resume talks later in the year. Montreal won’t trade Gallagher while they are in compete mode. His 3.75M salary is a gift for a team that is ready to compete. Take care!
Trading Gallagher before the season or before the trade deadline still results in Gallagher being traded.
If Gallagher doesn't sign an extension he will be traded.
Take Care.

Last edited:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Trading Gallagher before the season or before the trade deadline still results in Gallagher being traded i
If Gallagher doesn't sign an extension he will be traded.

Incorrect. Habs won’t trade Gallagher and will instead enjoy his services while they are competing . Management are not stupid to deal him at this stage of the offseason when good players are offered at pennies on the dollar.

Management won’t trade Gallagher before the season starts.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Incorrect. Habs won’t trade Gallagher and will instead enjoy his services while they are competing . Management are not stupid to deal him at this stage of the offseason when good players are offered at pennies on the dollar.

Gallagher won't finish the season in Montreal without an extension.
Montreal will trade him if he doesn't sign an extension.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Gallagher won't finish the season in Montreal without an extension.
Montreal will trade him if he doesn't sign an extension.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
That makes no sense. You said he's not all but then proceed to say Hoglander+1st which is a more valuable package than 1st+Bahl+Merkley. Gallagher is not returning as much as people think. 1st+Woo for example is the most you are getting with no salary coming back.

As much as I like Hoglander he is not worth Bahl + Merkley. And VAN first should be later than ARI was projected to be because let us face it ARI was carried by Kuemper and everybody knew there was a chance this 1st they traded could be top 10. With VAN you are talking about a 22+ OA pick if you add Gallagher.

As mentioned, I like both teams but here VAN fans are lowballing him, which is fine. And I am not saying VAN show spend Hoglander +, I said it is what it would take most likely. VAN has a young team they have time to contend. On the other hand you could argue that Hughes an Pettersson being on ELC and Horvat Boeser on good deals, this current window is open and hence you should trade for Gallagher like Benning did for Toffoli. Both are defendable.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017

Montreal are trading Gallagher if he doesn't sign an extension.
Before the season or before the trade deadline if he doesn't sign an extension then Brendan Gallagher will be a former Montreal Canadien .

Last edited:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Montreal are trading Gallagher if he does sign an extension.
Before the season or before the trade deadline if he doesn't sign an extension then Brendan Gallagher will be a former Montreal Canadien .

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017

Take Care .

Reactions: TheNewKid

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
As much as I like Hoglander he is not worth Bahl + Merkley. And VAN first should be later than ARI was projected to be because let us face it ARI was carried by Kuemper and everybody knew there was a chance this 1st they traded could be top 10. With VAN you are talking about a 22+ OA pick if you add Gallagher.

As mentioned, I like both teams but here VAN fans are lowballing him, which is fine. And I am not saying VAN show spend Hoglander +, I said it is what it would take most likely. VAN has a young team they have time to contend. On the other hand you could argue that Hughes an Pettersson being on ELC and Horvat Boeser on good deals, this current window is open and hence you should trade for Gallagher like Benning did for Toffoli. Both are defendable.
I'm extremely high on Hoglander so we will agree to disagree. I'd love Gallagher but if that's the price its a no thank you for me.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I'm extremely high on Hoglander so we will agree to disagree. I'd love Gallagher but if that's the price its a no thank you for me.

I am also high on Hoglander, I really hope to see him with Pettersson and Podkolzin on the 1st line within 3 years. Ideally VAN would have kept Toffoli and would add Hoglander and Lind on bottom lines but they have so many overpaid depth to play...

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
MON fans thinking they will get a haul for Gallagher you are wrong. If you are happy to keep him and lose him for nothing than that is ok also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad