Confirmed with Link: [VAN/MTL] Canucks trade F Dale Weise for D Raphael Diaz

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Weise looked good tonight but I guarantee we (as Habs fans) will be eating a @%$ sandwich for the rest of the year at least on this one.

I am fast losing faith in Bergevin.

If you look at all his roster moves to date it screams inexperienced GM.

Sucks having a crappy GM. For the sake for the Canucks, I hope Gillis and Bergevin can do more deals. Selfish, I know.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
For all the talk about Gillis and crease crashing and stiffness and size and grit and mindset and whatnot, the last 4 NHL players he's acquired have been: Diaz, Stanton, Santorelli, Richardson.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Sucks having a crappy GM. For the sake for the Canucks, I hope Gillis and Bergevin can do more deals. Selfish, I know.

Between him and Therrien it's like a slow motion car wreck taking place over years and years.

It's a perpetual wheel of suck in MTL and in my heart.

:help:

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
I forgot to add that we also have the most legendary scouting director (or whatever they're called) in the league picking gem after gem...late round success after late round success in Trevor Timmins.

His talent is just wasted with a series mentally handicapped Gm's undermining his great picks year after year.

Imagine a McDonagh and Subban pairing?!

Gomez can hardly crack the lineup in Florida and McDonagh cruises on to elite status.

:rant:

Why does a guy like Timmins never get a chance at a GM ticket?

Is the year after year after year success not a good enough sign?

I don't get it.

The Habs are driving me crazy right now.

Wolfhard

Jul 7, 2012
BC
I can't believe we got Diaz for Weise. Weise has got to be the most useless player on the Canucks in awhile. He skates around like an idiot, has no hands or brain between it ears. Has never won a fight in his life an hits like a little fairy. Then has the audacity to ask for more ice time? come on get real. Anyways if Diaz can put a 25 minute effort like he did tonight not even including the goal he scored then I'm a happy camper. I wouldn't of cared if we would of have waved Weive tbh.

lol @ Weise.

One of the most useless players in the NHL and he has the gall to complain about his ice-time. Good riddance.

I'm sorry, but did I miss something about Weise? I don't recall him ever complaining about ice time or asking for more. I do, however, recall him saying that he feels like 4th line minutes are the hardest to play because it's difficult to turn on the switch and play a smart, physical, productive game for one shift after sitting on the bench cold for half an hour.

I didn't take that comment as complaining about ice time, as much as trying to shed some light on how hard it is to be one of those low minute, role players.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Lets see if Diaz can keep up his strong play. Obviously not needing to score every night, but getting SOG, playing solid defensively and moving the puck.

When all our D are healthy (like that's going to peeved happen)

Hamhuis-Garrison
Edler-Tanev
Stanton-Bieksa
Diaz
?

I just don't know where he fits in tbh. Do we sit Stanton? You gotta think that if Diaz is in our long term plans that someone is getting moved.

Last edited:

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Lets see if Diaz can keep up his strong play. Obviously not needing to score every night, but getting SOG, playing solid defensively and moving the puck.

Hamhuis-Garrison
Edler-Tanev
Stanton-Bieksa
Diaz
?

I just don't know where he fits in tbh. Do we sit Stanton? You gotta think that if Diaz is in our long term plans that someone is getting moved.

Diaz is a nice piece, for the short term, helping out in our puck movement but only helps slightly in terms of offense and in the playoffs he is another easy player to play against.

not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON

Hamhuis-Garrison
Edler-Tanev
Stanton-Bieksa
Diaz
?

I think he's better than Stanton but even if he isn't, it gives you the option of going:

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Tanev
Garrison - Diaz

or some such (Garrison - Tanev, Edler - Diaz), so that Garrison isn't playing on his off-side anymore. Although I think the chance of a D being moved before the TD is pretty high.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
For all the talk about Gillis and crease crashing and stiffness and size and grit and mindset and whatnot, the last 4 NHL players he's acquired have been: Diaz, Stanton, Santorelli, Richardson.

The only player in that bunch who doesn't fit those parameters (except for size and Gillis has never talked about size, only grit and drive) is Diaz but he brings other desirable qualities and was acquired for Weise...

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I think he's better than Stanton but even if he isn't, it gives you the option of going:

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Tanev
Garrison - Diaz

or some such (Garrison - Tanev, Edler - Diaz), so that Garrison isn't playing on his off-side anymore. Although I think the chance of a D being moved before the TD is pretty high.

Agreed, although I'm okay with Garrison playing his offside with Hamhuis since they've been good in the together as a shutdown unit.

You'd have to think a D gets moved this year, especially since we'll likely have Corrado pushing for a spot next season. I hope that Diaz plays well enough to stick with us long term as rentals are something I'm not a fan of, even if the cost is low.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad