Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Neutral option should be edited to include - "Wait and See" :laugh:

Everyone knows i love me some Wait and See...

I think cautiously optimistic is something around that area.

I want to see this guy on NHL ice against some legit tough customers on the other side. For now, all I can say is this guy doesn't look too promising.

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
Love the move, McCann has one of those a faces you just wanna punch plus when he talks he comes off as a ******. Virt also has a face you wanna punch but when he talks he sounds like a goofball good guy. Gudbranson is gonna make life easy for Hutton.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
Makes me wish Guds was on the team last season when Getzlaf was rag dolling McCann around. I guarantee McCann wouldn't have needed to stand up for himself while the rest of our team as acted like they didn't see it.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I was more optimistic before I watched his highlight videos. Which consist of the same 3 hits and a bunch of bad fights.
He better bring more than that garbage.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Makes me wish Guds was on the team last season when Getzlaf was rag dolling McCann around. I guarantee McCann wouldn't have needed to stand up for himself while the rest of our team as acted like thwy didn't see it.

Why did we acquire Dorsett, Prust and Sbisa then? If they aren't fighting or sticking up for players all three are completely useless.

Edit: and Pedan. And we also have Tryamkin. How many giants do we need to protect us when we barely have any small skilled players worth protecting anymore?

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Why did we acquire Dorsett, Prust and Sbisa then? If they aren't fighting or sticking up for players all three are completely useless.

Edit: and Pedan. And we also have Tryamkin. How many giants do we need to protect us when we barely have any small skilled players worth protecting anymore?

This is what irritates me so much about this administration. I'm all about grit and muscle but why would you waste assets on used up middleweights if that's your objective? Why wouldn't you grab guys like Ryan Reaves or Anthony Peluso who are young, in their prime and can knock out just about anyone in the league?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I like it.. but i don't think Florida knows what they should want if they did get what they think they wanted...

$ aside, the only way this makes ANY sense from Florida's pov, is if they had an inkling that Gudbranson wasn't going re-sign with them long term.
(Which is very likely the case thu all their negotiations).

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013

I don't disagree that most of those guys are useless. Guds is far and away the most intimidating and physical player on the team. We have lots of young guys to protect. Horvat, Virtanen, Bae, Hutton, Boeser, and the guy we draft this year will all have a safer environment to grow in.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
$ aside, the only way this makes ANY sense from Florida's pov, is if they had an inkling that Gudbranson wasn't going re-sign with them long term.
That or they don't think he's good enough for them to "take that next step" - being more than a one round & out playoff team (which may or may not be the right evaluation).

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
That or they don't think he's good enough for them to "take that next step" - being more than a one round & out playoff team (which may or may not be the right evaluation).

Much less likely of scenario considering his playoff usage this season.

compared to turning down a healthy extension to sign a 1 yr deal.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Much less likely of scenario considering his playoff usage this season.

Coach might not have anyone better to use at the time; perhaps they wish to use that cap money (that would've been paid to Gudbranson otherwise on his next deal) to get a couple cheaper players (via trade or free agency).

Right side D aren't easy to get - but at least they aren't looking for an offensive defenseman.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Love the move, McCann has one of those a faces you just wanna punch plus when he talks he comes off as a ******. Virt also has a face you wanna punch but when he talks he sounds like a goofball good guy. Gudbranson is gonna make life easy for Hutton.

Did you like McCann before he was traded?

I'd guess Gudbranson will make Hutton's life a bit miserable. Hutton is going to have to carry the load in terms of puck movement/possession, and I don't think he's ready to be "the guy" on a Top-4 role in a position where he has to carry a defensive partner with Gudbranson's skillset. If you're going to have Gudbranson in your top 4, you probably want someone like Hamhuis with him. I don't think Hutton is there yet and I'm curious to see if he shoulders the blame if the pairing struggles (which I think it will).

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Benning fetishizing Gudbranson's play against "heavy" teams mirror remarks he and Linden made about Luca Sbisa.

I'm also leery of their comments about his heavy shot that he doesn't utilize enough. Do they think they can unlock some hidden offensive potential in this guy? It sounds like another case of Benning projecting a development path for a 24-year-old hockey player as if he was 18.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

:whaaa?:

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Did you like McCann before he was traded?

I'd guess Gudbranson will make Hutton's life a bit miserable. Hutton is going to have to carry the load in terms of puck movement/possession, and I don't think he's ready to be "the guy" on a Top-4 role in a position where he has to carry a defensive partner with Gudbranson's skillset. If you're going to have Gudbranson in your top 4, you probably want someone like Hamhuis with him. I don't think Hutton is there yet and I'm curious to see if he shoulders the blame if the pairing struggles (which I think it will).

Yes he did

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
I like it.. but i don't think Florida knows what they should want if they did get what they think they wanted...

Maybe tallon is on his way here and he wants gudbranson here with him

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
I was more optimistic before I watched his highlight videos. Which consist of the same 3 hits and a bunch of bad fights.
He better bring more than that garbage.

It's just a fan's YouTube video. People don't generally put good defensive plays on YouTube.

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
Yes he did

After watching the feature in ny with cracknell and virt, my opinion of his personality dropped and opinion of virt and crack rose. I still like him as a player but he's a small centre that I don't think can necessarily transition to wing. He's at least one year maybe two away from contributing on a team.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

Or that the step down they'd take going from Gudbranson to his replacement is worth the assets and cap space they've acquired, especially considering he'll want a raise in the future.

It's not like we're talking about a franchise player here.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
After watching the feature in ny with cracknell and virt, my opinion of his personality dropped and opinion of virt and crack rose. I still like him as a player but he's a small centre that I don't think can necessarily transition to wing. He's at least one year maybe two away from contributing on a team.

What a terrible way to judge someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad