Confirmed with Link: [VAN/FLA] Canucks acquire Erik Gudbranson, 2016 5th for McCann, 2016 2nd, 2016 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Yes, he became more efficient at what he does. Or got better, whatever you want to call it. He's developing.

Ok, so he became more efficient = more developed. How did you determine that he became more efficient? What, specifically, is he doing now in contrast to then?

Gudbranson is going to be the 4th highest paid defenseman on the team next year. I really don't understand your point with bringing up Detroit. They pay Kronwell, we pay Edler. If we paid Tanev a million more then that's bad because he doesn't get points? I'll take Tanev over Green every day of the week. And you completely gloss over all of the Detroit guys who don't score points that the team has invested high draft picks and loads of money into.

You don't think Gudbranson is a top four defenseman, I do. Because of that, I think the trade value is average (not great) and you think it's bad. We both agree bleeding young assets is a bad way to build the team. That's it, those are the relevant parts of the deal.

I think he's a #4/#5 ('fringe' is a good word for it), while you think he's a legit #4.

Gudbranson is going to be the highest paid defenseman on the Dcorps when he gets his new deal. We're not evaluating him based on just 1 year are we? Because if we are, VAN definitely lost.

How have I glossed over the depth players that don't score points when I factor them into my assertion that DET pays the premium for 'points players' first? That statement can only be made when factoring in the lesser scoring depth players.

It's not about 'taking defensive D X over offensive player Y'. It's about allocating premium salary to point producers first. Not out of merit, but because it's easier to negotiate a Defensive Dman down due to lack of points. This is something DET has exploited for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad