Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] F Philip Di Giuseppe signs extension with the Canucks (2 years, $775k AAV, two-way)

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Surprised he couldn't finagle a one way contract
$500,000k in the AHL is a really good salary even if he gets sent down.
He’s looked like an NHL player under Tochett. Vancouver has been finding some of these gems like him, Aman, Joshua, Dries etc.
It sure beats the Benning years of overpaid vets like Beagle, Sutter, Eriksson etc in the bottom six.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
shows what being a match for coaching can do. both green and boudreau ignored this guy. 13 games in with tochett and he has made a minimum $1m.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We get an NHLer, a fringe call up guy, or an AHL star. I don't see us losing here. Feels weird to say that though.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
He has been really effective and totally earned this contract. The Canucks are running several Abbotsford Canucks on their roster lately and they pretty much all should have been up the whole time over some other regulars.

It's really no wonder the Abby Canucks have been such a good team this year. A lot of high end pros.

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
I wonder if people will ever get bored of these joke hyperbolic jokes. Adds nothing and it's been years since it's been funny

Reactions: Sticktape

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Saw [VAN], ended up disappointed that it wasn’t another Russian

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Awesome. I kinda wondered if he was gonna want to try his luck elsewhere. He's clearly capable of being an NHL player, and until recently...hasn't really had much opportunity to show it with Vancouver. Surprised he didn't at least press harder for a 1-way deal to incentivize keeping him on the big club roster. But it sounds like a pretty robust AHL salary anyway.

Have to also wonder if part of the draw for him is that he can basically just stay in the same place whether he's in the NHL/AHL. There's some nice stability in that, for a guy in his shoes as a journeyman/fringe player. Can keep his life and family settled nicely, whichever league he's playing in. Benefit of finally having a farm team in the same metro area as the big club.

I hope that through the remainder of this year and into next season...some of these guys can get a real shot. Wolanin is the other one who has been a stud for the AHL club, but has also shown that he's entirely capable of being an NHLer, and probably both guys should've been given more opportunity this year from the start.

Reactions: Chip Hilton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad