Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] F Aidan McDonough signs ELC with the Canucks (2 years, $925k AAV; begins 2023-24)

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Second 7th-rounder signed this week (Kudryavstev was the other)
He's improved every year at college though, looking forward to seeing what he can bring.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Apparently his biggest hurdle is skating. He will need to improve that, but otherwise a solid prospect with good tools.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Apparently his biggest hurdle is skating. He will need to improve that, but otherwise a solid prospect with good tools.
He is 23 already. Getting a bit late if it’s a technique correction. See if he can do it.
I would bet that he spends next season in the A.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Most college seniors don;t amount to too much at the NHL level, but every now and again a guy can carve out a solid career. Stecher and Tanev are the two most recent good ones for the Canucks, but often you get an Adam Gaudette type player.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
7th round picks .... getting anything out of them is a positive.

even as a younger solid AHLER that's a win. If the Canucks get 100 games of solid bottom six play out of him in his career, that's a nice win.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
7th round picks .... getting anything out of them is a positive.

even as a younger solid AHLER that's a win. If the Canucks get 100 games of solid bottom six play out of him in his career, that's a nice win.
It's a lot easier to get excited about depth signings because there is a chance they help Abbotsford too, who are easier to cheer for now that they're local.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Aidan McDonough will join the Canucks down the stretch.

McDonough was also nominated for the Hobey Baker award but not sure if he’s expected to be a finalist or not.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
management put in a lot of effort to court esp him, they probably see something special in him. I think he will be given more rope to succeed.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Is he going to be finishing his Bachelor's degree this year too? What was his major?

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Extremely optimistic. Will find he will be a borderline AHL'r.

Happy to be proved wrong but that's usually how these type of players pan out.
without trading away Boeser and Garland I can see hes unlikely to crack this team's top 9, once they are gone though, you will see this pipe is paper thin. Lets hope he can play top 9 in spot duty, I am optimistic.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Noice. Good signing was worried he'd walk

Good prospect though needs to work in his skating to have any chance at the NHL. Hope he makes strides there in the near future (pun intended lol)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad