Pre-Game Talk: VAN @ EDM - Nov 19, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Oilers win this one. They always pull one out just when the things are going to burn up. Just like their little winning streak earlier kept the wolves at bay.
This is probably what is going to happen, unfortunately.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
sometimes differnet lines in practice will wear different colors to tell them apart easy. for example Hall- Nuge - Eberle will wear baby blue for example to show they are a line. So if someone is wearing the colors of a certain line it just means thats the one they are rotating with
Thanks.

and you arent asking about Pinizzotto in Leon? :sarcasm:

I knew better.....:naughty:

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
kid_crying.jpg

This picture is highly inaccurate.

No way the Avalanche score 2 on the Wild.

I'm actually more interested in what the flag is for, as well as how the BCS voters have us 7th and VAN 14th. Strength of schedule?:sarcasm:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
@ReidWilkins:
Oilers lines:
Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Arco-Yak
Pouliot-Leon-Purcell
Hendricks-Gordon-Joensuu
Gazdic in Gordon colours
Pinizzotto in Leon

Seven defenseman are rotating through

So this could be the second time Pinizzotto gets called up prior to playing his old team only to be a scratch for it? Such a tease.

WEMCHUD

Oct 28, 2014
You have to think that they'll eventually win against the west.
They can't go winless against the west, c-c-can they?

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
It seems that Oiler fans are already throwing in the towel.

This doesn't surprise me as we have seen this play out before in the last few years.

If something major (don't know what) doesn't happen pretty quick, the **** is going to hit the fan in Edmonton with Oiler fans.

I've been as patient as I possibly can, but I think I've finally hit the wall.

This is getting tiring and very annoying as a long time Oilers and hockey fan in general. I'm not enjoying watching hockey anymore.

Never thought I'd say it.

Bring on New Years Eve and the Juniors.

:shakehead

mactforcoach

Nov 18, 2008
Drayton Valley Ab

This doesn't surprise me as we have seen this play out before in the last few years.

If something major (don't know what) doesn't happen pretty quick, the **** is going to hit the fan in Edmonton with Oiler fans.

This is getting tiring and very annoying as a long time Oilers and hockey fan in general. I'm not enjoying watching hockey anymore.

Sadly I know just how you feel. Have been a fan of the team since day 1 and I've never felt this lousy about them.

We still drive over an hour each way to attend every game but I tuned out last Sunday after the first. I really didn't care what happened, read emails etc on my phone instead. Actually my wife is now the biggest fan in our house, she doesn't care if they win or loose. Maybe she's got it figured out.

Like you I've gotten to the point where I don't care about the Oilers or the NHL for that matter. But I do look forward to the Juniors during the holidays.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC

I know your feelings. When you see your team not even try to play at an NHL level intensity, on top of being as untalented as they they are overall, you pretty much know how it'll end. I really liked the hustle they brought to a few of those games a while ago, but they went back into their patented "30-40 minute Oilers hockey" soon after and that is just deflating to watch as a fan. That's what's making me aggravated these days. The fans never threw in the towel against these guys, they threw it in a long time ago themselves. I really only watch to see how Hall, Nuge, Yak, and some of the other young guys are developing, and they can only do so much.

They don't have what it takes to beat Vancouver over a 60 minute frame.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I know your feelings. When you see your team not even try to play at an NHL level intensity, on top of being as untalented as they they are overall, you pretty much know how it'll end. I really liked the hustle they brought to a few of those games a while ago, but they went back into their patented "30-40 minute Oilers hockey" soon after and that is just deflating to watch as a fan. That's what's making me aggravated these days. The fans never threw in the towel against these guys, they threw it in a long time ago themselves. I really only watch to see how Hall, Nuge, Yak, and some of the other young guys are developing, and they can only do so much.

They don't have what it takes to beat Vancouver over a 60 minute frame.

Last year they were toying with us every game. So far this season, there was that game that really should have won that went to the SO, a 2-0 loss and a 3-2 loss. So yeah, they are the better team but they are definitely beatable

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

I'm not so sure about this anymore. Last year people were angry with what happened. I'm not sensing that anywhere as much this year. People are beginning to care a lot less now. I think apathy is finally starting to take over.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
If Eakins isn't going to grow a brain and show us that his IQ is growing via splitting up Hall and Hopkins... I don't feel too good about this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad