Confirmed with Link: [VAN/DET] Canucks acquire D Filip Hronek, 4th in ‘23 for NYI 1st (condt’l), 2023 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Indiana and Gurn

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
I was just about to take a nap at work and this happens

Why is this management trading 1st rd pick

ALLLLLLLVIN!

Reactions: Indiana

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
What on earth.

Hronek is a good player and a RHD, and has multiple years of team control. But he's an offensive D and won't have a lot of PP utility here. Will help our transition game considerably.

Two high picks seems like a lot.

No idea what Detroit's doing, either. Their rebuild is going til 2030.

I need to process this one. But we were never rebuilding and people sticking swords in their guts are angry about something that was never happening.
He's only got one more year of being "cost" controlled.

It's quite concerning that Detroit, who is arguably in a similar situation to us, decided to get rid of Hronek who would have fit their rebuild timeline as well.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
What on earth.

Hronek is a good player and a RHD, and has multiple years of team control. But he's an offensive D and won't have a lot of PP utility here. Will help our transition game considerably.

Two high picks seems like a lot.

No idea what Detroit's doing, either. Their rebuild is going til 2030.

I need to process this one. But we were never rebuilding and people sticking swords in their guts are angry about something that was never happening.
Devastating trade. Like I'm just done.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Ya that might be it for me. Hronek is meh, fine but that price is massive. I was looking forward to a pipeline build out in a deep draft and they sent out two top 40 picks for an ok 4th dman. Meh.
Me too. I said in the main board thread that this organization deserves to burn to the ground.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Hronek is good right? 25 Y/o top 4 RHD, with club control.

Hmm. Seems like what everyone has wanted for awhile, but no doubt came at a high price.

Yes, Hronek is a good defenseman. He was playing fantastic hockey this year up until recently

He's as consistent as it gets in terms of production. Very very up and down defensively. But you're getting a good hockey player

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Yes, Hronek is a good defenseman. He was playing fantastic hockey this year up until recently

He's as consistent as it gets in terms of production. Very very up and down defensively. But you're getting a good hockey player
Perfect

• Haha
Reactions: BimJenning

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015

The problem is this team doesn't have problems scoring goals. Canucks needed a Dmen who could keep the puck out of the net which clearly Hronek isn't.

Reactions: Indiana

Horvat1C

Oct 2, 2015
With Larkin locked up, an extra 1st and an extra high 2nd, watch the Red Wings flip them in a package for Chychrun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad