Confirmed with Link: [VAN/DET] Canucks acquire D Filip Hronek, 4th in ‘23 for NYI 1st (condt’l), 2023 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
It's slightly better than OEL in that he's 25 and not 30 and his contract doesn't kill the cap structure of the team when the trade fails.

From a future planning perspective it might actually be worse though given this is the deepest draft in a decade. Those two picks could be incredible players and given Canuck luck I'm assuming they will be future Hall of Famers, the Canucks trade their first at this deadline for Provorov (which becomes Bedard in lottery) and they proceed to miss the playoffs for another decade.
I get that you're upset, but so much of this is just you in your feelings.

Canucks draft picks will all become Cam Neely, and then my stepdad Steve will take away my gameboy.

Those two picks could become incredible players. They could also easily become Mark McNeill and Martin Kaut. Who? Exactly.

Again, I'm not saying people are wrong for having reservations about this, I have my own reservations. But this freaking out thing is just ignorant and pointless.

What round was hronek drafted in?
2nd. Just after Kale Clague and Wade Allison and just before Tyler Parsons and Filip Gustavsson.

We know good players come out of the 2nd round, we also know that it's not crazily common.

With that said, let's see what happens. I will be disappointed if we don't have another 1st or a couple of 2nds by the time draft day rolls around.

Reactions: JohnHodgson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad