Confirmed with Link: [VAN/DET] Alex Biega for David Pope

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Man.

I mean, I know he cleared waivers, so clearly his value isn’t much. And I’m happy he’s being given a chance to play somewhere, because frankly, he deserves to.

But I think he should still be in Vancouver. Shaking my head that this is the way it ended for a good, cheap, hard working soldier.

Fair enough of Benning to find him another shot instead of letting him toil in Utica. But again...think he should have been our 7th man

And Pope is likely headed to Kalamazoo.

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
Give up NHL calibre defenseman making close to nothing for a 25 year old winger who has a career 3 points in 28 ahl games. I'd like to see anyone argue that this is a good trade for us and try to defend Benning on this one. Hopefully Biega tears it up in Detroit always will be a fan of his

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Probably a similar deal that the Leafs made to Leivo. Good on Jim looking out for Biega’s career by finding him a place to play when it became obvious he wasn’t going to get a chance here.

This is most likely what happened.

Was waived and wasn't picked up. Detroit had to make the contracts work, Biega might even have asked for a trade or a shot at playing NHL minutes.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Give up NHL calibre defenseman making close to nothing for a 25 year old winger who has a career 3 points in 28 ahl games. I'd like to see anyone argue that this is a good trade for us and try to defend Benning on this one. Hopefully Biega tears it up in Detroit always will be a fan of his
It’s not a good trade, it’s a minor trade that should not have happened

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
So remember when Benning said he wanted to acquire depth?

Wtf happened to that.

I literally could not think of a worse, more pointless trade, but good old Jim found a way.

Can’t wait till Chatfield is our first call up. They literally can’t even do the no brainer shit right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad