Confirmed Trade: [VAN/DAL] Jason Dickinson for 2021 3rd round pick

LASTAR

Mar 9, 2004
Dickinson was the first fill-in player (if a player is hurt in the top lines they would try him first) and for the most part, he did ok. This year we saw the 3rd or 4th player who stepped into this role explode (Robertson). His offense never came around and he wasn't as physical or as consistent as Faksa so he got pushed down to the 4th line center. Definitely has 3rd line skills, and hopefully, for his career, the change of scenery helps him boost his offense. This last year the 3rd line really stunk it up with regards to scoring, and this is why many Dallas fans prefer him to Faksa. But with Faksa being only 1 1/2 years older and signed for another 4 years at 3.25 the decision was a no-brainer. I would guess that he gets something like 2.6/per for 2 years.

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
Because Dickinson would've been in Seattle if the Stars didn't move him. Stars traded him because they didn't want to lose a player they like for nothing. Just get some value while they still can.
True and I know not all trades are the same but this is why people hate on benning so much. Toronto was able to pull of a similar trade but gave up a prospect and 7th, which some fans would prefer over a 3rd. He’s trading in a position of strength but still manages to give up slightly more than he should have.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
True and I know not all trades are the same but this is why people hate on benning so much. Toronto was able to pull of a similar trade but gave up a prospect and 7th, which some fans would prefer over a 3rd. He’s trading in a position of strength but still manages to give up slightly more than he should have.

A third rounder is not more valueable than Hallander who is a 2018 2nd rounder. A third rounder is a lottery ticket that might end up an NHL player in 4-5 years or might not. Hallander will get his chance much earlier.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
lol why.... he is the type of guy who sign in the summer.
I don’t think so. If you check other teams’ boards you’ll find that there are a lot of teams looking for shutdown third line centers. They are a sought after commodity.
For me the real question is whether Dickinson is a third line Center or really just a fourth line guy on a good team. Ideally he should improve his offense if he wants to slot in as a third line Center.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

McCann is on to his 4th team since being drafted and has history of being a locker room cancer, how is he a comparable player to a guy who has only played for one team and by all accounts has done all that has been asked of him?

Not to even mention we gave a up a pick which has a historically small chance of even being becoming an established bottom sixer.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
McCann is on to his 4th team since being drafted and has history of being a locker room cancer, how is he a comparable player to a guy who has only played for one team and by all accounts has done all that has been asked of him?

Not to even mention we gave a up a pick which has a historically small chance of even being becoming an established bottom sixer.

I've read the bolded every single time Benning's thrown away a draft pick in the last seven years. How's that worked out?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I've read the bolded every single time Benning's thrown away a draft pick in the last seven years. How's that worked out?

Benning is a bonehead, I won't deny that, I still believe this deal makes sense, Sutter ain't coming back and we needed a replacement, Also considering how bad our bottom six has been at shutting down opposing teams, and giving up way too many high danger chances, picking up a guy who's pretty damn good in his own end, kind of outweighs that cost.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad