Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] D Noah Juulsen signs extension with the Canucks (2 years, $775k AAV, two-way)

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Happy for him. Injuries derailed the start of his pro career. Nice to see he will be making a really good sized AHL paycheque.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
I still believe in him a bit here. Obviously his initial draft hype has waned considerably, and I wouldn't pencil him into a lineup without a fantastic camp, but I think with some more confidence, and experience he could be a solid 6-7 guy that coaches don't mind throwing out there.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
They like him as a fill-in option to play with Hughes when his main partner (whoever that may be) is injured, or if they are jumbling the lineup.

He has very little flash to his game; unfortunately the scoring he showed in his draft year was a mirage. But he's a decent mobile defensive defenseman at this point, and the Canucks have a few options there now.

To anyone that hasn't been paying attention, the Canucks have been putting together some pretty solid young AHL defensive depth over the past year, and - depending on what happens during free agency - they're going to be hoping not just Juulsen, but also 1-2 of the other guys (like Hirose, Brisebois, Rathbone, Woo, Johansen, and McWard) can establish themselves in the lineup full-time over the next season.
- I personally think they already pencilled Wolanin onto the roster but none of the names listed in this post have a safe job or a guaranteed spot.​
- Likewise, nobody listed is a game-breaker (Rathbone projects as a PP QB but seems to come with defensive warts as well)​
The current structure provides some flexibility for the Canucks if they don't sign the multiple defensemen they are purported to be after.

edited*

Last edited:

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Good for him, I always liked him as a Hab, thought he could be a minute-munching second pairing, complementary D. Injuries really hurt his progression, but at least he'll get a bit of a payday.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Fan favourite and local kid in Abby as he went to the Yale Hockey Academy and grew up here

Also serviceable in the NHL. I've liked what I've seen from him as a replacement guy, he seems to be recovering out of the injuries that hurt the start of his career

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
He played really well for Vancouver Last year

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
He is a good fit at 8 or 9 on the depth chart. I liked what he brought last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad