Proposal: [Van] - [Col]

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I don't think that the as should even consider it and I love Tanev but landeskog is the heart and soul of that team the only way they trade landy is if there is a huge overpayment.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Canucks fans have discussed Tanev for Landeskog.

I was under the impression Landeskog was a 2nd overall and nigh untouchable.

Avs fans to confirm this right?

Being a 2nd-Overall has nothing to do with it.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
If Benning somehow pulled off this magic. Heck even throw in Baertchi and a 2nd to sweeten the deal I would be so happy.

Guess that means its a dream :(

Landaskog is TOP NOTCH

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
You know your team has great players when fans of other teams are willing to offer a decent player along with mediocre players and picks for them.

Tanev is a fine piece, it's just where does he fit on the Avs? We already have Barrie and EJ on that side and we lack top 6 wings.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
It doesn't make sense for either team IMO, but the value is pretty close. Maybe skewed a bit in Colorado's favour since top pairing dmen are so valuable

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Tanev is not worth much seriously.

Tanev is 26 and is a great defenseman. His limited offensive abilities certainly hinder him, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be the perfect partner for an offensive defenseman that had limited defensive abilities. If Tanev could play the left side, he and Barrie would be a good 2nd pairing.

The downside is that from the Avs, Tanev isn't exactly worth Soderberg. He's also not worth trading Duchene, Landeskog, or MacKinnon. The Avs don't really have an in between player that would complete that trade.

As far as Landeskog vs Tanev value wise.. Landy is younger, better offensively by a wide margin and just as good in his own zone as Tanev is. Landy holds more value to the Avs in that he's not only the more complete and better overall player, he's also the only winger we have that is a proven top 6 player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad