Confirmed Trade: [VAN/CHI] Madison Bowey and 2021 5th round pick for 2021 4th round pick

Oct 18, 2006
Bowey is one of the worst defenceman I’ve ever seen. Genuinely clueless out there. I remember his Detroit debut he was awful, reckon he cost us a goal in his first shift. People put it down to nerves with a new organisation. Nope, he was just that bad.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Even in a normal year the diff between a 4th and a 5th is almost meaningless. In this crapshoot draft? It’s basically negligible

they get a free look at bowey, and if Seattle picks him (doubtful, but possible) then they “acquire” whoever they would have lost instead

Reactions: Dunbatron

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Saw this just now, yikes (hope he learns from Bryz and brews himself a nice pot of tea and enjoys the bench!)

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I think Vancouver will do everything they can to dump Myers on the Kraken. But other than that, Bowey is a decent pick-up here as Chicago didn't make much use of him. Basically a Jordie Benn replacement.
We have a different read on Benning. Myers represents an investment and asset Jim went all in on. He's not letting him go.

Bowey is there so we can protect Myers. In Benning's eyes, Seattle can't pass up on Myers being there and so he went out of his way to pay to protect him.

Myers is also our top RHD at the moment with Tanev and Stetcher gone. but that's more an indictment on our defense as a whole.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Does Madison Bowey really have no upside? Detroit sucks, and he hasn't played much this year.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Does Madison Bowey really have no upside? Detroit sucks, and he hasn't played much this year.

He's like, really really bad. I'd credit him personally with about 8 of Detroit's losses in the 19-20 season.

Dude is a turnover machine, makes terrible pinches, and cannot keep track of what's happening in the defensive zone. The Caps GM probably threw in the 1st in the Mantha trade as payback for us taking Bowey off their hands. He may be one of the worst defensemen I have ever seen in my life.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think they should try playing him as a forward, then switch him to the defense only on the power play. I wanna see what he can do as a forward.

Reactions: Grantham

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
He's like, really really bad. I'd credit him personally with about 8 of Detroit's losses in the 19-20 season.

Dude is a turnover machine, makes terrible pinches, and cannot keep track of what's happening in the defensive zone. The Caps GM probably threw in the 1st in the Mantha trade as payback for us taking Bowey off their hands. He may be one of the worst defensemen I have ever seen in my life.

Well then. Hopefully he's a nice guy? :laugh:

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

You know Benning, he pays premium price for those mediocre D men he covets...likes of Gudbranson, Del Zotto, Myers, Benn etc. He lets great D men like Tanev walk.

Reactions: Bubbles

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
You know Benning, he pays premium price for those mediocre D men he covets...likes of Gudbranson, Del Zotto, Myers, Benn etc. He lets great D men like Tanev walk.

Well, getting Bowey is going to help Vancouver get in prime draft position to draft Luke Hughes so you’re ok!

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Well, getting Bowey is going to help Vancouver get in prime draft position to draft Luke Hughes so you’re ok!
I think at this point, we didn't need Bowey to get there. Bowey just adds 750,000 to our cap. Am wondering if Benning can also pay me, I don't play hockey so am super mediocre. Maybe I could get 750K from the genius management comprised of Benning and wisebrod lol

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Yeah it's an expansion draft move, but one GM in this deal thought about that in January and boosted his TDL flexibility and the other didn't and has to reach to give up some draft capital because of not thinking ahead.
Whoa a 4th for a 5th and a player to expose, terrible.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
4.5 million for 4 years? Yea I'm letting Tanev walk to. Funny how you leave out adding Hamonic, Nate, and Benn was fine and Myers has been good this season. You Benning haters crack me up.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Would you not want your team to be getting another teams 4th for your teams 5th? All it took was foresight.
You realize we needed a D to expose right? Plus who knows maybe he finds a role here. People act like there is a huge difference between a 4th and a 5th.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
You realize we needed a D to expose right? Plus who knows maybe he finds a role here. People act like there is a huge difference between a 4th and a 5th.
Yes, and why did they need to give up something to get someone exposed? Beacuse of lack of thinking ahead. They could of signed him in January as the Blackhawks. They only signed him as expansion fodder and flexibility to think about trading their D. They didn't, so they gained a tiny bit of value, as well as a contract spot back, for simply planning ahead.

That you complain as others as Benning haters is funny. But defend the loss of value that was entirely because Benning did not plan ahead as well as other Gms. Furthering the their view of him pretty justly.

Reactions: Mal Reynolds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad