VAN/CHI Farm Team Bench Brawl

Ball4Lyfe

Jun 18, 2010
Obviously Chicago and Vancouver, even at the farm team level. :yo:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The incident was sparked by Guillaume Desbiens of the Wolves running Ben Smith of Rockford into the players’ bench doorway. From the Rockford bench, Jeremy Morin threw punches at Desbiens, who then attacked Rob Flick on the Hogs’ bench, appearing to believe it was Flick that hit him. (Worst moment for a Flick since that tongue on a frozen flag pole.)

Link to the boxscore: http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1010785

wingowango

Dec 13, 2009
shouldn't really be hitting a guy at the end of the game, but seems like hit looks harder than it actually was since the door was opened

however, you NEVER attack a player while you're on the bench thats just messed up

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Eugh mistakenly thought the title said bench CLEARING brawl. It was just a brawl happening at a bench.

TurdFerguson

Jul 29, 2012
With nearly 1500PIM on the season so far (over 24 PIM/game), Rockford doesn't really get along with anyone.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I'm sure there are a lot of Chicago Blackhawks fans that are Chicago Wolves fans, who do they cheer for in this game/fight?

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Ha that was awesome. It's kind of funny that Vancouver's farm team plays in Chicago. I wished they showed Rockford's games on TV instead of the Wolves. I don't give a **** about Vancouver's prospects

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Stay classy Wolvies. :laugh:

Funny thing is Davey won't do jack about this because one of these teams is one of his prized possessions(like Hershey)

The dope that started it is just going to be a career minor league loser obviously.

Jefe88

Jun 20, 2012
Port Coquitlam

Funny thing is Davey won't do jack about this because one of these teams is one of his prized possessions(like Hershey)

The dope that started it is just going to be a career minor league loser obviously.

None of that would've happened if the gate was closed, Desbien didn't even hit him that hard. Funny how you're talking about the Wolves being classy when Rockford is just a team of goons

King King

Two Joes, No Cups
Aug 7, 2011
Seattle

I think Morin is equally guilty of starting the brawl, but I assume you mean Desbiens because Morin could be a pretty good NHL player.

You can't throw punches at a guy while you're on the bench, but it was a pretty gutless hit to throw when time is running out in a loss.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
I think Morin is equally guilty of starting the brawl, but I assume you mean Desbiens because Morin could be a pretty good NHL player.

You can't throw punches at a guy while you're on the bench, but it was a pretty gutless hit to throw when time is running out in a loss.

Gutless? Had the bench door been closed it would've been a non issue. The Wolves were down by one, and there was still enough time to score a goal, are the Wolves suppose to just give up and say good game when there is still time to score? If it was 2+ goal lead than you'd have a point but in a one goal game? Come on man...

Morin shouldn't have started going after Desbiens for that hit, it was a nothing hit that got escallated because some idiot didn't shut the bench door properly.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Ha that was awesome. It's kind of funny that Vancouver's farm team plays in Chicago. I wished they showed Rockford's games on TV instead of the Wolves. I don't give a **** about Vancouver's prospects

Don't worry....they don't give one about you either.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
The smart ones would cheer for Rockford

You mean like the GENIUS who was decked out head to toe in all Rockford/Craphawks gear and proceeded to show everyone around him how smart he was by announcing that #19 from Rockford was Jonathan Toews and he'd been sent down to rockford to learn to shoot right handed?

Or maybe you mean the idiotic girl sitting behind me complaining about why Bollig doesn't wear his rockford number in the NHL( he wears 18 with rockford)

Or is it the guy who showed up at a game with his kids....pulled a country crock tub out of something(backpack?) handed his kids each a spoon and they proceeded to eat mashed potatoes from it before a game.

Yeah baby GENIUSES one and all.....shocked there hasn't been a cure for something discovered there with all of these people associated with them.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
As for the brawl itself......gutless moves by gutless players.Every one of the so called "tough guys" that rockford has all are guilty of writing checks with their mouths that their ass can't cash.
Has Beach EVER hit anyone who was actually looking at him? If I said what I really think Id probably be thrown off this board for life.

So with that being said I'll leave it with this and I was there and heard the whole conversation....Rockford asst. coach was walking to bus after game and a buddy said to him that he noticed the coach grab a rockford player and throw him against the back wall of bench during brawl...coach responded and i quote...." I hate that guy." to which a fan responded..."We don't like any of the rockford players." Said coach responded again and I quote....." NEITHER DO I." that right there is all you need to know about rockford and it's players.

Again gutless moves by gutless pukes...Morin, Flick, Pirri...funny Morin, Pirri, Beach these guys were all touted as future stars in the NHL, yet they have all been passed over time and time and time again for guys like Shaw and Bollig.....hmmmmmm wonder why?????

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Wow, Rockford in a brawl, again! First, Rockford and Chicago hate each other. Some Wolves fans refer to Rockford as the Northwest Hillbillies. Most of the comments in the other direction I can't repeat here, so settle for rich, big city snobs. You know those hockey fans, they have $20 bills hanging out of their pockets!:amazed:

Yes, it is true that the two hockey organizations don't like each other at the NHL and AHL levels. It is also true that Rockford has 286 more PIMs than the next team in the Western Conference. That works out to about 5 more a game, every game.

Rockford had an April 1 brawl with Milwaukee last season when Rob Flick attacked goalie Jeremy Smith during a timeout. Flick thought it was funny after Brodie Dupont kicked his butt in the corner. Jeremy Smith picked himself up and got a few punches in on Flick. IIRC, Rockford had a brawl with Grand Rapids earlier this season.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Wow, Rockford in a brawl, again! First, Rockford and Chicago hate each other. Some Wolves fans refer to Rockford as the Northwest Hillbillies. Most of the comments in the other direction I can't repeat here, so settle for rich, big city snobs. You know those hockey fans, they have $20 bills hanging out of their pockets!:amazed:

Yes, it is true that the two hockey organizations don't like each other at the NHL and AHL levels. It is also true that Rockford has 286 more PIMs than the next team in the Western Conference. That works out to about 5 more a game, every game.

Rockford had an April 1 brawl with Milwaukee last season when Rob Flick attacked goalie Jeremy Smith during a timeout. Flick thought it was funny after Brodie Dupont kicked his butt in the corner. Jeremy Smith picked himself up and got a few punches in on Flick. IIRC, Rockford had a brawl with Grand Rapids earlier this season.

You recall correctly

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
You mean like the GENIUS who was decked out head to toe in all Rockford/Craphawks gear and proceeded to show everyone around him how smart he was by announcing that #19 from Rockford was Jonathan Toews and he'd been sent down to rockford to learn to shoot right handed?

Or maybe you mean the idiotic girl sitting behind me complaining about why Bollig doesn't wear his rockford number in the NHL( he wears 18 with rockford)

Or is it the guy who showed up at a game with his kids....pulled a country crock tub out of something(backpack?) handed his kids each a spoon and they proceeded to eat mashed potatoes from it before a game.

Yeah baby GENIUSES one and all.....shocked there hasn't been a cure for something discovered there with all of these people associated with them.

Still smarter than any Blackhawk fans who cheer for Chicago when Rockford/Chicago play against each other.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Still smarter than any Blackhawk fans who cheer for Chicago when Rockford/Chicago play against each other.

Call us when you win something in Rockford ;).

Hawks......in existence since 1926.....4 championships
Wolves....in existence since 1994.....4 championships

Do the math.....oh and isn't it terribly funny that the hawks didn't win their 4 championship until they brought in the Wolves gm that year. Ironic

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad