Youtube: [VAN/BOS] Ryan Kesler vs. Jarome Iginla

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Lots of swinging, mostly hits to the helmet of both sides, IMO. I'd call it a draw.

Did not think Iggy would return with the way his finger looked. Such a warrior.

I think you summed up it up perfectly. It would be interesting to see these guys get free and really go at it. Another time, maybe.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Kesler win...

Igs didn't do anything until refs stepped in and jersey was pulled over Keslers head.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Lots of swinging, mostly hits to the helmet of both sides, IMO. I'd call it a draw.

Did not think Iggy would return with the way his finger looked. Such a warrior.

:huh:

Kesler landed a couple punches, but Iginla got the jersey over the head. I'd say a draw, but if the refs didn't jump in...Iginla would've won.

IAmBobo

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
I hate ******* who pull jerseys over opponents heads, which iginla clearly did...i want pound for pound

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
:huh:

Kesler landed a couple punches, but Iginla got the jersey over the head. I'd say a draw, but if the refs didn't jump in...Iginla would've won.

What I mean is, most of the punches seemed to hit helmet and do little damage. Both guys were giving it, for sure, but I don't think either guy scored a damaging blow that would give him the win.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
I hate ******* who pull jerseys over opponents heads, which iginla clearly did...i want pound for pound

Always has been the strategy when ever the occasion arises. Give the guys a couple of fists then say it's not fair a quit.

I guess you think the same of the guys who go for the take down then.

foucs

May 6, 2013
Iginala is the smarter fighter by trying to get the visor off....
then when he knew the refs were breaking it up he said "**** it!" And started throwing em.

Iggy.. with the win..

Last edited by a moderator:

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Kesler's lucky the refs jumped in, because Iginla looked like he was ready to pound him.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
LOL, Kesler showboating for the crowd after that.

He's a little weird that way. :laugh: I seem to remember him acting tough after his scrap with Ladd a few years ago, as well - you know, the one where he got tagged and cut under the eye, and promptly did a leg-takedown on Ladd...

Love the guy, but he's a bit strange. :P

Tanevian*

I think you summed up it up perfectly. It would be interesting to see these guys get free and really go at it. Another time, maybe.

I do not think it would interesting for Kesler's face. He is overmatched against Iginla despite his first fight with him way back.

King King

Two Joes, No Cups
Aug 7, 2011
Seattle
These are the fights I like to watch, and the type of fights that I hope the game can keep. Didn't like to see the finger injury, but it was a short, passionate scrap between two stars and rivals with a long personal history.

The showboating at the end was pretty entertaining too.

Oct 10, 2010
I love how Kesler takes a page out of Chris Neil's book after a fight and tries to get the fans going

On the fight, i thought it was a draw.

Though, if the refs didn't get break it up when they did, it may not have ended well for Kesler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad