Proposal: Van - Ari Kuzmenko - Crouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
My gawd! Canuck fans relentlessly peddling Kuzmenko like a Mexican street vendor. There is about a half dozen Canuck trades on the first couple page on these HF Trade boards and they are all offering Kuzmenko as the main piece… representing him as a value piece… he’s a salary dump right now, as evident by Canuck posters own actions. Maybe some team get desperate and offers futures mid to late rounder) for Kuzmenko at 50%.

No team, not on NT list (oh yeah, he has one of those too), wants him or he would already have been traded.

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
My gawd! Canuck fans relentlessly peddling Kuzmenko like a Mexican street vendor. There is about a half dozen Canuck trades on the first couple page on these HF Trade boards and they are all offering Kuzmenko as the main piece… representing him as a value piece… he’s a salary dump right now, as evident by Canuck posters own actions. Maybe some team get desperate and offers futures mid to late rounder) for Kuzmenko at 50%.

No team, not on NT list (oh yeah, he has one of those too), wants him or he would already have been traded.
Thanks for the input Oilers fan.

Reactions: krutovsdonut

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
People are reaching into absurd hyperbole with how "bad" Kuzmenko is at this point...but this particular offer is still pretty laughable.

Crouse is a core piece of that Yotes team that have decided to flip the switch and stop tanking, start trying to actually make inroads toward winning. He's also one of the very scarce few real "power forwards" left in the league today. He's basically unmovable in any practical, realistic sense.

Kuzmenko isn't a "cap dump" by any means. You'd still have plenty of teams lined up to acquire a guy who has that kind of scoring touch around the net on a reasonable cap hit. But he's also not really nudging the needle on a guy like Crouse. A late 1st isn't even close to making up that value difference. He also likely vetoes a trade to Arizona anyway.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Crouse to me at this moment is basically what the Habs thought Josh Anderson was when they traded for him. Same age too. What's a current equivalent to Domi and a 3rd and that's pretty close to what he should return imo.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Crouse to me at this moment is basically what the Habs thought Josh Anderson was when they traded for him. Same age too. What's a current equivalent to Domi and a 3rd and that's pretty close to what he should return imo.

Jenner is the equivalent on Columbus. They’ve never received an offer silly enough to deal him through his prime and the Yotes are unlikely to receive one silly enough to deal Crouse.

Anderson isn’t in the same stratosphere as Crouse in terms of two-way play or leadership. Most importantly, Anderson was an out of contract RFA looking for a huge pay day, which he got. Crouse has 4 years of team friendly deal remaining. Completely different situations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nowotny

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Crouse is a typical big guy with some talent that got drafted early, but took an eternity to develop.

He typically didn't become a contributor with the team that drafted him.

But he's a unicorn by NHL GMs and coaches standards...
Power forwards that score 20some goals (on pace to 30 actually) are a rare and sought-after breed in this league.

So no, he won't be traded for a talented but unidimensional offensive forward...
Even less if the aforementioned player is earning 5,5 mil to get scratched because he's in his coach's doghouse.

Why not a minotaur?

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
If Kuzmenko is signed long term at a cheap price I might consider it, because we really need more gamebreaking offensive talent. But I doubt that our GM's would. Crouse is probably the one untouchable in our org considering he's probably going to become that vet presence for our team and has developed into a great scoring forward who usually seems to be doing his own thing regardless of how the team is.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Why not a minotaur?

or even a centaur

1705857597575.gif

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Would like to add Crouse, but don't see Coyotes being willing to part from him barring a significant overpayment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad