Proposal: Van - Ari Kuzmenko - Crouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiriBubla1972

Jul 19, 2022
I will start by saying I am a Kuzmenko fan and think he is very talented. I would like to keep him, but I feel that Tocchet feels differently. Swapping a R wing for another R wing that would help us in the playoffs (I know we also need a 2C and a D). I don't want a rental, so I had my eyes on Crouse who would definitely be a Tocchet-like player. Crouse has three years left at 4.3Mil so we would also save a little cap space.

Would a deal like Kuzmenko, and our 2024 1st round pick be enough to pry him from Arizona?
**Added Podkolzin after original post**

Thoughts

Last edited:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Not nearly enough for Crouse. Not sure how teams view Kuzmenko as the risk may be high given his contract.

Reactions: Nowotny

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Every athlete is noticable every night especially when there are 82 games in a season.

Highlight videos every night
For context, you are responding to a poster who continued to argue that Lafreniere plays centre position and his evidence was a photograph with a descriptive caption underneath saying “Lafreniere (centre)” because he was in the middle of 3 players in the photo (in the centre of them). When this was pointed out, the poster kept arguing that Laf plays centre. He’s not posting in good faith.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Crouse is a typical big guy with some talent that got drafted early, but took an eternity to develop.

He typically didn't become a contributor with the team that drafted him.

But he's a unicorn by NHL GMs and coaches standards...
Power forwards that score 20some goals (on pace to 30 actually) are a rare and sought-after breed in this league.

So no, he won't be traded for a talented but unidimensional offensive forward...
Even less if the aforementioned player is earning 5,5 mil to get scratched because he's in his coach's doghouse.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
That offer gets easily beat if Crouse becomes available for trade. Add Podkolzin and you might be cooking

I don’t think so. It’s his D+5 and he’s in the AHL. Not to say that he’s a bust and can’t recover, but his trade value at this point is not meaningful because of limited impact at the NHL level.

The best piece in a Crouse trade can’t be a late 1st. He’s on pace for 30 goals and has term at a friendly number. Arizona making him available for futures is dubious. The Coyotes would certainly be justified in asking for a good, young NHL defenseman in a hockey trade to try to improve the team now. Vancouver can’t offer that.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Brzustewicz and Raty would probably interest Arizona more.

Not really. The Coyotes are 9th in the WC in point percentage and are trying to turn the corner in the rebuild, not ice a team of 20 year-olds.

Crouse is a core player. He’s a leader, he brings size and grit and toughness a group of smaller finesse players and the combo of defensive acumen and goal scoring. And he’s on a beautiful team friendly deal through his prime for the next four years.

Kuzmenko is not interesting for Crouse. Pdk is not interesting for Crouse. Brz is not interesting for Crouse. Raty is not interesting for Crouse. I’m not saying those are crap assets. But they will not even remotely get the attention of Armstrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad