Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] Adam Gaudette re-signs with the Canucks (1 year, $950K)

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Good on Adam for signing that to help the team (Jimmy Bob more like it) get under the cap.

He's a bit of a tweener, in that he doesn't quite have the offence for the top 6, and not quite the defense or physicality for bottom 6. Offensively I think he'll continue to get better. Just needs to add some muscle so he's better defensively, but that's easier said than done.

I really like him, and his poor playoffs will no doubt inspire this driven kid to get better. He really should be paid double this, but he is so confident in his game, he basically bet on himself.

Hmm, this begs the question, does this signing put any pressure on Jake (to sign a team friendly contract)? Who would you take if you had to choose one, Jake or Adam?

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
How is a 3C scratched in the playoffs? That's usually the 4C or spare forward.

Anyhow, it was other Canuck fans who told me he was the 13th-14th forward.
Because that 3C is one of our worst defensive players. We have sutter whom green and co love that moved back to that 3c spot because he’s defensively responsible

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Young players are usually not very good in their own zone. He's good when his team has possession and he's in the offensive zone.
Two-way play will take time to develop for sure. He was his first full NHL season. in a few years, he wont need to be sheltered and put up probably 50 points or so. He'll be a really useful player right when the Canucks are serious contenders.

I really feel like two years from now when the crap contracts are off the books, that's when they'll be primed and ready to make a deep push. Gaudette will be a part of that.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
I'd say Gaudette is the 3C in name only ~ in terms of deployment, he actually receives the ice time of 4th liner

Nice deal, but it's only one year. If he continues to progress, he could definitely secure himself a bigger contract

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I'm guessing you are assuming ferland is LTIR?

I am... We would need to send a few guys down to start the season in order to be compliant, but we could make it work.

Miller5.25Pettersson0.93Boeser5.88
Pearson3.75Horvat 5.5
Roussel3Sutter4.33Gaudette0.95
Motte1.2Beagle3Eriksson6
MacEwan0.88Hawryluk0.8
Edler6Myers6
Hughes0.92Schmidt5.95
Juolevi0.86Benn2
???
Demko1.05
Holtby4.3
Baertschi2.29
Luongo3.03
Spooner1.03
Ferland LTIR0
Bonuses1.7
Total Cap 76.5927Mil
Cap Space 4.9073Mil
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Having Gaudette in the fold at that cap hit isn’t a problem even if he doesn’t play 3C over Sutter. Canuck fans should be pleased with another year to see what he provides. Or he’s trade bait with good potential and a cheap cap hit

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
33 points in 59 games... first full NHL season...then resign him for 950k? that's a wicked deal.
Finally JB did something good.

Drafts Hughes, Petey and Boeser
: bankerguy "yawn".

Trades for JT Miller and Nate Schmidt for nothing.

: banker guy "eh".

Trades Gudbranson for Pearson

:bankerguy "whatever"

Signs Gaudette for 500k cheaper than expected

:bankerguy "OHMYGODISTHIS REALLIFE!?!?111"

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Drafts Hughes, Petey and Boeser
: bankerguy "yawn".

Trades for JT Miller and Nate Schmidt for nothing.

: banker guy "eh".

Trades Gudbranson for Pearson

:bankerguy "whatever"

Signs Gaudette for 500k cheaper than expected

:bankerguy "OHMYGODISTHIS REALLIFE!?!?111"
lol okay okay calm yo tats.
I'm not a huge JB hater..

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Expected amount, more or less. He wasn't arbitration eligible or not was he eligible to sign an offer sheet (10.2(c) RFA), so the canucks were entitled to sit on his qualifying offer on a take it or leave it basis.

Reactions: JAK

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Would have preferred he had a better playoffs, chipped in some goals and got us past the Las Vegas Golden Knights. But i guess the prize for his inability to RAISE his game means a lower contract. POSITIVE IN A NEGATIVE now lets see him learn from his mistakes and improve on last years REGULAR season success as a rook

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
He’s not a 13th 14th forward. He’s our 3C. But he’s an offensive player with a below average defensive game. Hence why he’s one of the first scratches in the playoffs as teams prefer d over o at that time. Doesn’t help that he’s below average on the dot

He was the 13th forward. He didn't see time until other players got injured.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
geezus man, you just keep making it more and more clear that youve never even seen or heard about Gaudette before making the statement that he will get 2.5 mil rather than the 900 k he actually got.

A good defensive forward?

Defence is probably the worst part of his game.

He is a pure offensive guy.

and no he is not a 13th forward.

He is Canucks 3c that plays on PP2

He got banged up in the playoffs and when he retrned he wasnt productive/healthy so he sat a couple of games for bigger body like Zack Macewan

33 pts in 59 games with full time linemates like Sutter, Roussel, Virtanen.

Canucks must be crazzzzzzzzy deep if thats their 13th/14th forward

The fact that Sutter is being rumored to be buy out candidate and or trade bait shows the confidence the Canucks have in Gaudette as there is no other option for 3c besides Jay Beagle who at this point is barely a 4C.

A 3rd line center ?

Everyone here just completely disregard his entire existence up until this point?

According to this logic Baertschi is a 2nd liner. Gaudette is not good enough defensively to make the Canucks if everyone is healthy. He is the 13th-14th forward. When he plays, they put him on the 3rd line because he's not defensive. (In hopes it can be an sheltered offensive third line?)

Voxel is just going with what he was corrected earlier on. NBD.

Reactions: voxel

skuzzycuzz

Jan 7, 2012
I am... We would need to send a few guys down to start the season in order to be compliant, but we could make it work.

Miller5.25Pettersson0.93Boeser5.88
Pearson3.75Horvat 5.5
Roussel3Sutter4.33Gaudette0.95
Motte1.2Beagle3Eriksson6
MacEwan0.88Hawryluk0.8
Edler6Myers6
Hughes0.92Schmidt5.95
Juolevi0.86Benn2
???
Demko1.05
Holtby4.3
Baertschi2.29
Luongo3.03
Spooner1.03
Ferland LTIR0
Bonuses1.7
Total Cap76.5927Mil
Cap Space4.9073Mil
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
It’s so disgusting that Boeser is our highest paid foward!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad