Post-Game Talk: VAN 5, CHI 4 (OT): Told them to win and they actually did it.. the absolute madman!

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Blackhawks vs. Canucks preview 2017: Start time and schedule

632507136.0.jpg

Marian Hossa will return to the lineup after missing the last two games due to lower-body injury when the Chicago Blackhawks continue their three-game homestand against the Vancouver Canucks.

Hossa returns to the right-wing third line role alongside center Marcus Kruger and rookie Ryan Hartman. Hossa has scored a goal in each of the previous two games against the Canucks this season, including the overtime winner Nov. 19. Defenseman Johnny Oduya, who was rested against Colorado on Sunday, will also play.

The Blackhawks will look for a season series sweep against the Canucks. Chicago has outscored Vancouver 8-5 in two meetings with four goals in each contest.

Last edited:

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006

This is getting strange.

I wonder if the Canucks could make an argument that Biega is a forward for expansion draft exposure.

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
Man, this is gonna be rough.
Well, probably the hawks will be asleep for half a game then turn it up.
Can't see us winning this one.
Good for the tank, i guess.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
A big Tryamkin hit on someone would be nice, I guess.

More likely that Toews gets a hattrick and Kane gets 5 points to take over the scoring lead though.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014

This is getting strange.

I wonder if the Canucks could make an argument that Biega is a forward for expansion draft exposure.

It's Willie again. Once he sees a young player from the farm and that player doesn't light up his fancy, that kid doesn't play. The history of Canucks games being played by Utica call-ups vs the pressbox time they have served is skewed way to the Popcorn eating side.

Are the Canucks going to the playoffs with a couple more wins? Will Biega at forward make that happen? No on both counts.

Are they going to be any worse off with a couple more losses? No. They'd actually be better off.

So, the assumption must be that Willie has reached the conclusion that Labate is not going to be an NHL player. Otherwise he would be played in his natural forward position ahead of an extra roster D-man.

Does LaBate have food poisoning? Has he still not learned the system in his early season stay combined with this extended visit as as well?
Joe has played 9 games for Vancouver this season and eating popcorn while reserve D-man Biega plays his wing is a direct message in my book.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I wanna see Biega with the Sedins. Don't ask why, just believe.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
It's a must win game. We're running out of time and we need a real good push if we want to make the playoffs.
-Willie Desjardins

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's Willie again. Once he sees a young player from the farm and that player doesn't light up his fancy, that kid doesn't play. The history of Canucks games being played by Utica call-ups vs the pressbox time they have served is skewed way to the Popcorn eating side.

Are the Canucks going to the playoffs with a couple more wins? Will Biega at forward make that happen? No on both counts.

Are they going to be any worse off with a couple more losses? No. They'd actually be better off.

So, the assumption must be that Willie has reached the conclusion that Labate is not going to be an NHL player. Otherwise he would be played in his natural forward position ahead of an extra roster D-man.

Does LaBate have food poisoning? Has he still not learned the system in his early season stay combined with this extended visit as as well?
Joe has played 9 games for Vancouver this season and eating popcorn while reserve D-man Biega plays his wing is a direct message in my book.

Just Willie being Willie.....playing mind-games with a young player by swapping him out for a converted d-man.....but he still have to re-insert LaBate...apparently Boucher missed the morning skate....flu or food poisoning?.....one of these games the dam is going to burst unfortunately....could be lopsided tonight, unless the Hawks are uninterested an unmotivated for a couple of periods.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

This is getting strange.

Which, I assume, also means that Phil Larsen, an actual steaming pile of garbage, is playing D over Biega.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Thats just nonsense. Theres no way this is defensible the way Willie has potentially destroyed some of the development of our young guys. I dont care they dont light up his fancy this is bogus coaching by a bogus coach who is a bogus person. Therese just no way Labate should not be getting a shot right now same with guys like Crammsy and Boucher more :rant:

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
It's a must win game. We're running out of time and we need a real good push if we want to make the playoffs.
-Willie Desjardins

What a joke this coach is how is he still the coach this has no defense :rant: :rant:

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Those percentages are under the assumption that we actually get all of those points.

Our actual odds are 1/6069290080, or 0.0000000164763916%.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Yeah thats nuts its just NOT happening

Anyways heres my prediction for tonight

6-1 Chicago our goal by Horvat

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
so stupid to make the playoffs and lose in the 1st round which is likely guaranteed if we make it but we wont, so its better to tank and get that top 3 pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad