Value of: Value of Yakov Trenin

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
If thats all he can pull we will just keep him and see if we can re-sign him to a decent deal. We have enough picks and AHL fodder we don't need more tbh.
so why not take the extra pick or two and then see if you can resign him in the offseason?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
so why not take the extra pick or two and then see if you can resign him in the offseason?
The proposal I posted was a 5th round pick and a nothing AHL player.

The number of players that resign with a team that traded them is pretty small. I'd just assume we keep him for the rest of the year and be able to keep negotiating than worry about a 5th rounder pick and a warm body.

is he primarily a winger? or can he actually play center?
Winger, he's never played center that I can remember.

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
He'd be a fantastic addition to any contender at the TDL. Always seems to turn it on in the playoffs as well.

It starts with a low-1st or a 2nd + a good prospect. Any lower than that, why bother?
because he may walk in the offseason - doubt you get a 1st + good prospect

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
If thats all he can pull we will just keep him and see if we can re-sign him to a decent deal. We have enough picks and AHL fodder we don't need more tbh.

Trenin is a decent asset, but I doubt you get more than that.

Hes not pulling a 1st or two 2nds

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
because he may walk in the offseason - doubt you get a 1st + good prospect
If you aren't getting anything or note then it doesn't really matter. Like I said, if you can't pull a decent return on him you might as well just keep him and hope you can bang a deal out. You wouldn't be losing anything of substance anyways. We already have a ton of picks this year anyways.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Notable overpays for rentals don’t happen that often. The “if x brought back a 1st…” tier: Gaustad, Hanzal, Chiarot. Once every 5 years, literally.

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
If you aren't getting anything or note then it doesn't really matter. Like I said, if you can't pull a decent return on him you might as well just keep him and hope you can bang a deal out. You wouldn't be losing anything of substance anyways. We already have a ton of picks this year anyways.
Hate to say I told ya so😂

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I think a 3rd pick and a prospect is his worth. Nashville might have to throw in a player though.
Tidy work by the Avs. Both guys I had as guys I'd want in jersey. Put some money on them after seeing the news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad