Value of: Value of Yakov Trenin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Eh...probably? There's no real incentive to trade him for that at this stage though. Trotz will wait until to the deadline to see if his production bumps a little and there are more suitors and gauge his likelihood of extending.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
More than people think if they are just looking at counting stats. He’s rugged, he kills penalties and he has bursts of actual skill at a next to nothing cap hit.

As a rental he will have a huge market of interested parties. He’s not a wow player or game changer but he would fit a ton of teams looking to upgrade their checking lines.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Definitely wait until the TDL for the Preds. See if his numbers bump up a little and sneak his value up to a late 1st. If not, no problem, a 2nd will do.

His history with contract negotiations in Nashville has been fairly rocky, but Poile is gone now, so maybe that will no longer be a factor, who knows. If Trotz can extend him, I’d rather keep him than take a 2nd rounder for him. Preds have loads of draft picks already.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
More than people think if they are just looking at counting stats. He’s rugged, he kills penalties and he has bursts of actual skill at a next to nothing cap hit.

As a rental he will have a huge market of interested parties. He’s not a wow player or game changer but he would fit a ton of teams looking to upgrade their checking lines.
I'm not sure "penalty killer for the Nashville Predators" is much of a selling point this season.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
not sure if the Preds are averse to trading in the division, but I read a thread earlier saying that the Wild are looking for PK help.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
He's a great fit on basically any bottom 6. I'd prefer we keep him. He hits, can drop the gloves if he has to, drives play, and can PK. I would want a solid return

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He’s a good player, but it’s probably time people stop thinking he’s suddenly going to look like that player who lit up the AHL in that 2019-2020 season.

He’s a 20-25 point bottom six player. Value? Think of Klim Kostin. So basically an add-on in a trade or an equivalent pick. Maybe a 3rd at the deadline. Today? Not sure he gets that in this market. Teams are scared of even $1.7 in the bottom 6.

The Preds should want to resign him btw. He’s a good hockey player. Just not worth much these days. No insult but he’s not even changing a team, bringing any new element.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
He’s a good player, but it’s probably time people stop thinking he’s suddenly going to look like that player who lit up the AHL in that 2019-2020 season.

He’s a 20-25 point bottom six player. Value? Think of Klim Kostin. So basically an add-on in a trade or an equivalent pick. Maybe a 3rd at the deadline. Today? Not sure he gets that in this market. Teams are scared of even $1.7 in the bottom 6.

The Preds should want to resign him btw. He’s a good hockey player. Just not worth much these days. No insult but he’s not even changing a team, bringing any new element.

I think anybody trading for him wouldn't be looking to add him as an offensive weapon, he plays a tough game and is hard to play against. I think a contender would move a late 2nd for his "intangibles." His game was made for the playoffs imo.

Reactions: JUSTGIROUXIT

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I think anybody trading for him wouldn't be looking to add him as an offensive weapon, he plays a tough game and is hard to play against. I think a contender would move a late 2nd for his "intangibles." His game was made for the playoffs imo.
Would I be shocked? No, but it really would have to be a team that’s lacking some “hard” players in their bottom six. Something he can be in a 7 game series. Most teams have those type of guys, and the teams that don’t, have no space whatsoever. So if Nashville eats half of his deal at the deadline, that’s where I could see him getting a 2nd.

Think we may find out on this one. He’s gonna want more than $1.7 and Nashville might play hardball on that. So good chance they do move him at the deadline.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
If he had another year remaining Tampa would give two seconds or a first for him and throw him anywhere in the top six and profit.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Would I be shocked? No, but it really would have to be a team that’s lacking some “hard” players in their bottom six. Something he can be in a 7 game series. Most teams have those type of guys, and the teams that don’t, have no space whatsoever. So if Nashville eats half of his deal at the deadline, that’s where I could see him getting a 2nd.

Think we may find out on this one. He’s gonna want more than $1.7 and Nashville might play hardball on that. So good chance they do move him at the deadline.
I could see a team like Buffalo in on him, Boston if they hadn't already dealt their next two 2nds.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's the sort of player Buffalo should look for in their bottom six but isn't the type of player their GM seems to put any value on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad