Salary Cap: Value of Vrbata's Next Contract

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Well, Shea Weber is being paid $14m this year and has scored zero goals this season. So $14m/0 goals.

A comparitive extrapolation to Weber would suggest that Vrbata is worth an infinite amount of money.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Well, Shea Weber is being paid $14m this year and has scored zero goals this season. So $14m/0 goals.

A comparitive extrapolation to Weber would suggest that Vrbata is worth an infinite amount of money.

Yeah, but that's real money. All we care about is the cap-hit.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Well, since he's pretty much a lock to get 246 goals, it would be smart to pay him. Obviously, he will get 0 assists, so that'll hurt the contract value a little.

I would say 26 mil, for 26 years sounds pretty fair.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Pay the man. 4 million for 4 years. Let him retire a Coyote, then hire him on as a powerplay coach.

love the guy. Let's all remember that Don Maloney got him for Kevyn friggin' Adams, then re-acquired him for Fedoruk and Hale (nod to rt.)

We are very lucky to have a player who is as committed and talented as Vrbata is, and both deals he was involved in were arguably two of our best trades ever for our franchise. God Bless you, Maloney.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I have no idea what his actual pay range would be, outside of his infinite worth (which as I stated, isn't clear on the cap/actual dollars). It's actually a good question, what kind of contract would we be looking at?

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Sullivan's hat trick game was his only useful game as a Coyote, lol.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Sully didn't work out here, but he deserves a little more credit than that. He was money in our two back-to-back SO victories against the Ducks at home.

Not really. He was complete garbage and his compete level was a joke. If he would have busted his ass, I wouldn't care about the lack of results. He was an oxygen tank, and we have Biz for that.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
There's a danger of not being able to afford him if he scores 40 or more. Would have preferred to sign him to a contract in camp that would see him play out the string here in Phoenix.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
There's a danger of not being able to afford him if he scores 40 or more. Would have preferred to sign him to a contract in camp that would see him play out the string here in Phoenix.

I'd prefer to see if he can reach 30 goals again before we even worry about that. I don't think Vrbata will price himself out - he knows he's really only had success playing with Hanzal in Phoenix. And Maloney won't lowball him either.

Right now I'll spitball the extension at 4 years, 4-4.5M AAV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad