VALUE of players for trade???

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
As far as Middleton goes a comparable is Mattinen. Flint paid 2-2nds a 3rd and a conditional 3rd if he plays OA. Mids is more valuable and could be an OA next year but l doubt he is in the O next season.
Cormier's comparable is Raaymaker so 2-2nds and a 3rd?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
As far as Middleton goes a comparable is Mattinen. Flint paid 2-2nds a 3rd and a conditional 3rd if he plays OA. Mids is more valuable and could be an OA next year but l doubt he is in the O next season.
Cormier's comparable is Raaymaker so 2-2nds and a 3rd?

Raaymakers was for 2 fulls years of him where you'd only be getting 0.5 years of Cormier, so you won't get the Raaymakers price

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Raaymakers was for 2 fulls years of him where you'd only be getting 0.5 years of Cormier, so you won't get the Raaymakers price

I disagree.
With this climate for goaltending Cormier will easily go for this.
Kitchener and Owen Sound should both want that price.

Reactions: Fischhaber

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I disagree.
With this climate for goaltending Cormier will easily go for this.
Kitchener and Owen Sound should both want that price.

Owen Sound has already come out and flatly said that they won't pay that price. So what other teams will even need a goalie? Sounds like KIT isn't looking for one either, waiting on ADB to come back. If KIT was going to pay that price, they would've done it a month ago

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I wouldnt trade a bag of pucks for him.. he didnt report the first time we had him why would we want him back in the sound i dont care how good he is hes to arrogant
LOL arrogant??? It had more to do with the Gold Package London offers IE Western University versus Owen Sound and whatever school they use for their gold packages. Management picked him KNOWING he didn't want to report. your right tho he probably wouldn't wave his NTC to go to Owen Sound anyways LOL:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Any possibility the Storm part with Samorukov with the intent of dipping back into the Import draft this summer?

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Health notwithstanding, I think the Rangers feel they have as good a goalie as Cormier in ADB. I don't see them paying close to that price for Cormier when they need more important additions.

Again, that depends on ADB's health. Take it for what it is, but Farwell said on a recent broadcast, after either the Soo game or the Fronts game, that he would be very surprised if ADB did not start the Dec 28 game in OS.

He's around the team enough to have reason to make such a bold prediction. We'll see on the 28th.

Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if Saginaw chose to hold onto Cormier to give them a shot at a decent playoff run. They may not get out of the first round, but for the same reasons we dealt for Paterson a couple years ago, they may hang onto Cormier to give their young team some meaningful playoff experience. Also, Saginaw is flush with high draft picks. They don't really need to deal Cormier.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I would put Brown ahead of McLeod and he is with team USA WJ's.

McLeod is worth way more based solely on health concerns. On top of that, he is a better overall player.

No disrespect to Brown, he is a great player but Mickey McLeod is a notch above.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
What would Saginaw fans want for Cormier and Middleton?

Middleton would be a 17 yr old D plus 2 3rds, conditional third.

Cormier would be a 3rd and a 4th.

(That being said, I echo what EvenSteven said. Hold onto these guys. That 5 slot is still easily in range.)

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Middleton would be a 17 yr old D plus 2 3rds, conditional third.

Cormier would be a 3rd and a 4th.

(That being said, I echo what EvenSteven said. Hold onto these guys. That 5 slot is still easily in range.)

If I were Ottawa, I would easily pony that up for Cormier. I’d give a 2nd and 3rd even.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I wouldnt trade a bag of pucks for him.. he didnt report the first time we had him why would we want him back in the sound i dont care how good he is hes to arrogant

The ? was, what is his value if moved.

Taking your personal bias out of the equation, its much more than a bag of pucks ;). You seem bitter lol.
Obviously you are unfamiliar with what went down that draft year and why.
OS made out quit nicely taking a calculated risk picking a player they knew in advance wouldnt sign. Lots of teams wouldnt do that.
It paid off on both sides. Good on OS. Aggressiveness, confidence, patience all shown in that move by OS management.
You should be happy.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
LOL arrogant??? It had more to do with the Gold Package London offers IE Western University versus Owen Sound and whatever school they use for their gold packages.

Lol gold packages are based off of where the kid lives, not where the team is based

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017

Taking your personal bias out of the equation, its much more than a bag of pucks ;). You seem bitter lol.
OS made out quit nicely taking a calculated risk picking a player they knew in advance wouldnt sign. Lots of teams wouldnt do that.
It paid off on both sides. Good on OS. Aggressiveness, confidence, patience all shown in that move by OS management.
You should be happy.
I agree OS did well too and reaped the rewards last year and this we’ll see after the picks from that deal move on where OS is in the future..I also feel for them as it’s the sneaky no show after being picked and declaring only London that is the problem they should have to sit out a year or teams that benefit don’t get a 1st round the following year and declare ncaa prior to draft and can’t re-enter for 2 years just mo

Reactions: Noofgoof

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Can't see DD letting Cormier go for a 3rd and a 4th. Might as well keep him unless he gets what he wants for a top 5 goalie?

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Can't see DD letting Cormier go for a 3rd and a 4th. Might as well keep him unless he gets what he wants for a top 5 goalie?

I mean that's just my value for him. This is his first year where he's actually posting a plus 0.900 sv% and a sub 3 GAA and a decent portion of that has to be because of the team in front of him.

But again, I'd rather hold onto him unless something amazing comes up.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I mean that's just my value for him. This is his first year where he's actually posting a plus 0.900 sv% and a sub 3 GAA and a decent portion of that has to be because of the team in front of him.

But again, I'd rather hold onto him unless something amazing comes up.

Totally agree, he has value mentoring Lamour and getting us past round 1 in the playoffs? Maybe Mids if the price is right. We are holding all the cards. We can keep what we have and see where that takes us. Like to see Crawford and picks traded for an asset for this and next year.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Totally agree, he has value mentoring Lamour and getting us past round 1 in the playoffs? Maybe Mids if the price is right. We are holding all the cards. We can keep what we have and see where that takes us. Like to see Crawford and picks traded for an asset for this and next year.

I still stand by what I thought earlier:

Although Saginaw is on a hot winning streak, I still think they will sell a player or two to build for next year and still hope to reach playoffs for the young players to gain experience.

I see Middleton, Cormier, Crawford and Gilmour potential moves depending on return. The front runners will want Middleton or Crawford, the teams that may have the potential to make a run will go after Cormier, and Gilmour will just be in the mix. With Coskey success this year, he will be off the trade market.

Middleton , Crawford - SSM, Sarnia, Hamilton, Kitchener
Cormier, Gilmour - London, Guelph, Barrie, Kingston, OS

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I don't understand the impetus for Saginaw to sell off a bunch of pieces. They have plenty of future assets and should be looking to give the young players multiple rounds of playoff experience. This is very much a buyer's market already.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I don't understand the impetus for Saginaw to sell off a bunch of pieces. They have plenty of future assets and should be looking to give the young players multiple rounds of playoff experience. This is very much a buyer's market already.

They aren’t really a NEXT YEAR team. I think their run window is two years from now. That would mean next year is their year to maybe get a couple rounds in for experience the following year.

Use the assets you get this year to make that push two years from now.

The problem facing teams like Saginaw is the top 2 teams in the West are head and shoulders above. If Saginaw doesn’t buy at the deadline and a couple of those teams like London and Kitchener do buy then they may not have a great chance toget to round two. So even though the standings favour Saginaw to compete for a couple rounds, it may not look like that two weeks from now.

Reactions: aresknights

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
They aren’t really a NEXT YEAR team. I think their run window is two years from now. That would mean next year is their year to maybe get a couple rounds in for experience the following year.

Use the assets you get this year to make that push two years from now.

The problem facing teams like Saginaw is the top 2 teams in the West are head and shoulders above. If Saginaw doesn’t buy at the deadline and a couple of those teams like London and Kitchener do buy then they may not have a great chance toget to round two. So even though the standings favour Saginaw to compete for a couple rounds, it may not look like that two weeks from now.

Don't need to worry about what the top teams do. More worried about what Guelph or London do. Smart additons would be a good idea so that Kitchener, Soo, or Sarnia aren't the round one opponent. And really more worried about what Guelph does. Already have London penciled in at 4.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I still stand by what I thought earlier:

I see Middleton, Cormier, Crawford and Gilmour potential moves depending on return. The front runners will want Middleton or Crawford, the teams that may have the potential to make a run will go after Cormier, and Gilmour will just be in the mix.

Middleton , Crawford - SSM, Sarnia, Hamilton, Kitchener
Cormier, Gilmour - London, Guelph, Barrie, Kingston, OS

One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong....

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017

You should be happy.

Your right the question was his value.. I gave my opinion on his value... Do I think Owen Sound made out great in the long run ? Sure do Id take Suzuki and Phillips any day.. None the less the other picks that we recieved.. I understand they did it on purpose.. they took a chance on a player who would only report to one team which takes alot of guts to do.. I agree with the other poster who said that player should have to sit a year or the team he would only go to should lose a first rounder I don’t care what team it is its not right I think you should take pride in being a highly touted pick and play the game regardless where you get drafted.. but thats just me.. I am sure his value to others is likely high but in my opinion I would find someone who plays the game and wants to play no matter where they are instead of a kid who manipulates the system. Again just my opinion..He is a very talented player I have no problem admitting that just not my cup of tea.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

I tend to agree. It would be a different story if Saginaw's draft cupboard was bare. But they have a ton of picks in all rounds that count the next few years. If anything, maybe they trade a couple of their 2018 second round picks for second round picks in 2019 or 2020. In doing that, they could probably pick up an extra couple picks in later rounds (3rd or 4th) for allowing a team to move up to the 2018 draft. You see, if they decide that next year could be a year they make a run, the players they'd draft with those three 2018 second round picks they have, cannot be included in any trades next year. But if they are able to swap out those picks for later picks, those later picks can be used in deals next year.

I have a feeling you may see them not trade anybody away unless they get an offer they can't refuse on one of their vets.

If I'm Saginaw, I'm thinking I hang onto my vets and try to play some meaningful games in the playoffs. There's a big difference between getting blown out in four games in the 1st round against a top team and taking a team to six or seven games in the 1st round.

Also, with the Leafs' farm system being so deep, it would not be out of the realm of possibility that Middleton gets sent back for an overage season next year. That would be huge for them should they choose to contend next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad