Value of E.Johnson?

Ace2008

Jun 28, 2006
Personally Myers, Carlson, Hedman and Erik Johnson are my favorite defenders.

How high is Eriks value to Colorado right now?

someone mentioned to me a package containing
a 2nd line sniper prospect
conditional 1/2nd round pick
proven NHL blueliner with approx 2x the goals scored last season as Erik who is also younger than Johnson
and a former 1st round pick defenseman w/ leadership and grit who is as big and strong as Johnson.
4 for 1 deals rarely work out for the team giving up the 4 but Johnson is that rare combo of speed/size/ intangibles that is next to impossible to find.

MY perspective is the package is decent in value but the Avs really have only 1 major need and thats to get R.0-Reilly back 100%

the loss of downie is not the end of any line since its a very deep team.

Thoughts-- a package like that enough to land Erik Maybe...but I love to see him fly around the ice and backcheck the heck out of opposition teams.

W/ the Canucks floundering badly w/o Kesler and not getting any cap relief until a potential Luongo deal is finalized, the Avs can battle their way to a div lead if the Wild don't beat them to it.

If the return for Johnson is that good some GM's would be willing to make the deal(the CBJ are doing fine w/o Nash and he brought back something like 2 regulars, 1 pick +1 former 1st rounder and the comparison fits since Nash is also a former 1st overall pick)

thoughts if a blockbuster proposal comes through does it strengthen the team short term...this next few months probably not

but by next season the return should be considerable:help:

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Based on what Colorado gave up for him, they are not going to be trading him anytime soon. They would literally need two top defenders for him and then some.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
On this team? More than anybody in the league not named Weber, Suter, Crosby, Malkin, Karlsson, etc. Without Johnson this terrible defense is much, much worse. No way the Avs could trade him for anything less than an upgrade to the defense.

member 116861

Our 2nd most valuable player because he is our only defender who can play hockey. Also no to the proposed deal.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Personally Myers, Carlson, Hedman and Erik Johnson are my favorite defenders.

How high is Eriks value to Colorado right now?

someone mentioned to me a package containing
a 2nd line sniper prospect
conditional 1/2nd round pick
proven NHL blueliner with approx 2x the goals scored last season as Erik who is also younger than Johnson
and a former 1st round pick defenseman w/ leadership and grit who is as big and strong as Johnson.
4 for 1 deals rarely work out for the team giving up the 4 but Johnson is that rare combo of speed/size/ intangibles that is next to impossible to find.

MY perspective is the package is decent in value but the Avs really have only 1 major need and thats to get R.0-Reilly back 100%

the loss of downie is not the end of any line since its a very deep team.

Thoughts-- a package like that enough to land Erik Maybe...but I love to see him fly around the ice and backcheck the heck out of opposition teams.

W/ the Canucks floundering badly w/o Kesler and not getting any cap relief until a potential Luongo deal is finalized, the Avs can battle their way to a div lead if the Wild don't beat them to it.

If the return for Johnson is that good some GM's would be willing to make the deal(the CBJ are doing fine w/o Nash and he brought back something like 2 regulars, 1 pick +1 former 1st rounder and the comparison fits since Nash is also a former 1st overall pick)

thoughts if a blockbuster proposal comes through does it strengthen the team short term...this next few months probably not

but by next season the return should be considerable:help:

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Johnson is too valuable to the club to even consider trading.

We don't have anyone else with his potential.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
His value to the avs is much higher tan his value would be to other teams. We would have to get back a number one defenseman plus some other pieces. No other gm would make that trade. He's our only good dman. We can't afford to trade him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
EJ's value's insanely high to us right now. Not just because he's one of our best players in general, right behind Varly, but he's also our best defenseman by a massive margin. Only way i could imagine him getting traded is with one of our wingers for two young first pairing guys, like both Kulikov and Gudbranson, otherwise there's no way to rationalize giving up EJ unless we're getting a Malkin, Crosby or better young defenseman back.

Kylington

Slim Shady
Jan 17, 2013
As a swede i'd say he's most important after Landeskog :) hopefully never see the news of him being traded.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
A couple of nights ago on RDS they were talking about PK Subban ( like always ) and they had a list of Dman that would have +/- the same value of PK . EJ was on that list and they all agreed, that in a trade , EJ have less value than PK on a 1on 1 deal. If the offer for PK was on the table for the Avs that Sherman should pull the trigger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad