value of Bobby Ryan what would you take from...

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
The Montreal Canadiens.

What would you logically ask for him. Try to be reasonable. I want homest opinions.

The way the ducks are rolling it would take a fair bit. So it may have to wait till the draft. At that point it would depend on where Montreal is drafting and if they still have their first.

duxfever

Mar 29, 2009
Orange, CA
It really does not make sense for us to move Ryan. If anything, we need to add to our top 6 and not deplete it. So trading Ryan would be like robbing Peter to pay Paul. It doesn't really solve our issues. Especially with the looming UFA status of Getzlaf and Perry as well.

It would definitely start with Galchenyuk IMO and work from there.

Force951

Jul 17, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Ryan won't be traded this year, between the playoff push and Getz/Perry becoming UFA's just too much out there for him to be dealt. Assuming Getzlaf and Perry both resign, then he could be moved at the draft or later. I don't think he will be dealt but anything would have to include an established 2nd line center of his age or younger. Which the closest thing the Canadians have is Galy, and he isn't worth Ryan yet by himself so it won't happen because both sides would say no.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Even if Getz/Perry are both re-signed, I still wouldn't trade him unless Palmieri, Holland etc. are showing they can be scorers in the NHL. Too much offense will be lost in the future when Teemu and Koivu decide to hang them up.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
A team on a run like the Ducks are doesn't make any moves if they're smart. If they take a nose dive, then I think it'd have to include Galchenyuk, because there'd be a lot of interest in Bobby. The only way I see a Nash type trade is if Getz/Perry both walk.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
A team on a run like the Ducks are doesn't make any moves if they're smart. If they take a nose dive, then I think it'd have to include Galchenyuk, because there'd be a lot of interest in Bobby. The only way I see a Nash type trade is if Getz/Perry both walk.

Okay guys so if i understand correftly you guys are gonna stay like this or add some final pieces and try to go for the cup?

What are you guys needs and what would you give in return?

Nab77

Aug 29, 2004
More interesting and realistic questions is, what would Montreal give up for Perry at the deadline?

Force951

Jul 17, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Okay guys so if i understand correftly you guys are gonna stay like this or add some final pieces and try to go for the cup?

Most likely 4th line forwards if the kids haven't improved enough to be depended on. Or maybe a 3rd line center if we need Koivu on the 2nd line.

Nab77

Aug 29, 2004
Perry won't be moved as long as we are in a playoff spot.

Remains to be seen, will depend on many things (what are the odds of signing with us after the deadline - not big IMO, possible trade offers from other teams, etc.)

Force951

Jul 17, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Remains to be seen, will depend on many things (what are the odds of signing with us after the deadline - not big IMO, possible trade offers from other teams, etc.)

You don't cripple your team before the playoffs for what usually amounts to a mediocre package that does nothing for 3-4 years.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010

We'd like an experienced, but not too expensive gritty, hard-working LW with better than average scoring to play with Getz/Perry. Just this year left on his contract ideally. Not sure how deep your goalie prospect pool is, but maybe for Bobkov and a 2nd or 3rd. I really don't see the Canadiens doing it unless they have a young LW they want in the lineups anyways.

I just don't see these teams as trade partners, because they're both doing well.

Nab77

Aug 29, 2004
You don't cripple your team before the playoffs for what usually amounts to a mediocre package that does nothing for 3-4 years.

Depends on your priorities I guess, we'll just have to wait and see.

Corey Perry*

It will take a package that you will likely not want to give up.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I actually had a nightmare (sad but true) that they traded him last night as part of a salary dump move.

I am sort of worried he may be available only to compensate for the Perry/Getzlaf extensions... if they are both resigned I'm worried him and hiller get moved in the offseason.

Jul 22, 2012
If Perry and Getzlaf were signed, and we were thinking about trading him it would likely take

Eller, something else of interest(sorry not too familiar with Montreals depth chart) and a 1st.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I actually had a nightmare (sad but true) that they traded him last night as part of a salary dump move.

I am sort of worried he may be available only to compensate for the Perry/Getzlaf extensions... if they are both resigned I'm worried him and hiller get moved in the offseason.
Boudreau gave an interview with Yahoo last week. He seemed pretty adamant that Bobby isn't being shopped now, and that the notion that he was being shopped last year was also completely overblown.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
We could be losing our best two wingers at the end of the season (Perry and Teemu). We have no choice but to keep Bobby until at least the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad