Value of: Value 5th overall pick??

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
If I am not mistaken, your info is to reflect entire yr
Schneid has surpassed Trouba as of roughly 1 month at most
So based on that context it is not most current
He didnt surpass him, trouba was injuried in the last quarter and Schneider replaced him. His toi would even be less than 15:45 if it wasnt from Trouba injurie.

Last edited:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Yah Habs were not gifted a Adam Fox or a Panarin jusy cause some cry babies wantes to play in NY only.
What have they win tho? Cose last I checked Habs were in the SCF in the past few years. nYR werent.

And Schneider is prob better defensively, he also has twice the offensive output Schneider has.
finally you realized that the rangers have a much better team that is contending. this means young players get less opportunities to play and the rangers won't trade roster players for futures.

ergo your trade proposal is way off in value and completely ignores the rangers need.

it's the same bs as the bern proposal.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I would hope for a better forward for the 5th overall.

Mercer and Zegras need a bounce-back year and Frost has yet to show the kind of play you want for the 5th overall.

Maybe target one of the Carolina young forward (Necas, Svechnikov, Jarvis) to help with their upcoming cap crunch? Obviously, most of them would require additional assets.

Personally, I'm more of a draft BPA and make your big moves in summer 2025 when a bunch of deadwood goes away. This will also help us pinpoint our needs better with another year of watching the growth of our young guys.

There's a non-zero chance we would need to spend assets on a top4 RD or a 2nd C instead of a top6 winger. Depends on how our top prospects develop.
I personally don’t like either three of those Carolina players for Montreal.

We need to continue building through the draft and getting these high picks. Do not trade it away unless your trading a spot
Or two back or forward.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
In terms of potentially « disponible » players, the only one that could make sense, value wise, is Zegras. But personally wouldn’t do it. There might be other players that we don’t know but all in all, if we trade the 5OA, I would prefer to trade down to 7OA (Ott) or 9OA (Calgary), getting their late 1st with it.

You draft Helenius or Iginla and trade Winnipeg’s 1st + Ott/Calgary late 1st in a package for a top 6 winger.
available

I think Iginla is ahead in terms of rumors. The habs apparently met with him quite a few times already.

Reactions: Benstheman

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
BUT He's from Quebec!:cool:

1714567863428.png

Reactions: Xirik and Nevins

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
The offers I got for our 5th are very low. Now I know why top 5 picks rarely are moved.
too much uncertainity at #5. unless you know the player you want is available you don't move the assets needed. so this is more of a draft day move.

Reactions: Xirik

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Fellows Habs fans tell me we would get about early 2nd to slide down 3 or 4 slots. Not really worth it. Unless Habs plan on going off the board.

Hughes does odd things though. Passed on Leonard and Michkov last year for another D. Took Slaf when everybody though Wright was a lock.

Reactions: Xirik

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
the top four will probably be

Tier 1
Celebrini

Tier 2
Lindstrom
Demidov
Levshunov

Tier 3
??????

I feel that the Habs pick is the begining of the 3rd tier. Tier 2 has some faults but they are more easily corrected while tier 3 has players that have things that are a bit harder to fix or are more projects compared to the last tier.

After the 4th pick you can argue that 8 different players should be picked 5th. I think a lot of teams in the lottery feel like "no mater what happens they will get a good player".

This is the reason I think you're not getting lots of fans of other teams biting in this thread, A least the Lottery ones.

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
I think something around
Ducks pick (post lottery 3-5)
For
Montreal pick(5-7) +

Could make sense, if levshunov is gone at 2

-Ducks trade down to get a dmen
-Montreal ensures they get 1 of Demidov/lindstrom
How are the Ducks on left D? The Habs have a log jam on the roster and farm. I would offer a LHD as the plus. ( I just don't know which one would work for you.)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
How are the Ducks on left D? The Habs have a log jam on the roster and farm. I would offer a LHD as the plus. ( I just don't know which one would work for you.)
similar to Montreal, our position of most depth

We’re deep at center/lhd, but lack rhd and right handed shot forwards

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Yeah, right, just like MTL was trading their pick last year? Ie trying to extort other GM’s

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
the top four will probably be

Tier 1
Celebrini

Tier 2
Lindstrom
Demidov
Levshunov

Tier 3
??????

I feel that the Habs pick is the begining of the 3rd tier. Tier 2 has some faults but they are more easily corrected while tier 3 has players that have things that are a bit harder to fix or are more projects compared to the last tier.

After the 4th pick you can argue that 8 different players should be picked 5th. I think a lot of teams in the lottery feel like "no mater what happens they will get a good player".

This is the reason I think you're not getting lots of fans of other teams biting in this thread, A least the Lottery ones.
While I tend to agree with your post, there are still variables like the lottery and team choices that could shake this up. Of course, the Habs pick could move up or down still, but I wouldn't feel as confident the Tier 2 picks roll out like that, one team could easily pick another defenseman and then (hypothetically) the Habs are picking the leftover from your Tier 2 list.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
While I tend to agree with your post, there are still variables like the lottery and team choices that could shake this up. Of course, the Habs pick could move up or down still, but I wouldn't feel as confident the Tier 2 picks roll out like that, one team could easily pick another defenseman and then (hypothetically) the Habs are picking the leftover from your Tier 2 list.
It could definitely roll differently and yeah the lottery could change things.

Chicago wants someone to play on Bedards wing, That's Demidov and maybe Lindstrom

Ducks NEED a Dman

Jackets are a bit more of a wild card though they do have a lot of good D prospects. I just find it hard to see them not take a big N tall Power Center Lindstrom or the Silky smooth Demidov.

Who do you think one of those teams might pick instead?

Reactions: malcb33

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I would trade Guhle + a small add max for Laf. ( I know that I'm almost alone in the fanbase that has this opinion.)
reasonable starting pt to discuss
courage of yr honesty under circumstances earns kudos
I am thinking LaF + for Guhle + Reinbacher +

remember LaF viewed as 'best 1OA not a generational player since MacKinnon'
and as such
if on the market, others would also bid

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

and as such
LOL, how about we add Slaf to it?

Laf viewed as best 1OA not a generational player? hahahahahaha

2nd round pick for Kakko?

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
That would be almost as bad as Sergachev/Drouin all over again.
Guhle in no way is Sergachev. He hasn't yet learned to protect himself when in puck battles along the boards.

I mean even Slaf has developed better spatial awareness and self protection skills. Guhle's injuries all come from being rocked. He is a hit or two away from LTIR if he doesn't develop that skill.

Also, I don't see much offensive upside to be more than a 20-30 point d-man. He certainly doesn't have the chops to even man a 2nd PP unit. The coaching staff prefers to go with the Sheriff instead.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ

and as such
My small add would definitely not be Popcorn. I'd like to see what Laf could do without the Breadman and Trochek before giving up Guhle and Reinbacher.

Reactions: bernmeister

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Just make the pick, do the right thing and accept that this will be a slow rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad