Confirmed with Link: Valtteri Filppula sign in Swiss League (Genève-Servette)

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Wishing him all the best, I hope its an awesome experience to return nearer to home and do a bit of a victory lap to close out the career

Reactions: Konnan511

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I have some great memories from Filppula's first stint with Detroit.

I have none from his second.

He had fleeting shifts of the classic savvy defensive Fil that we saw in his first stint. Overall though, largely unremarkable.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Half a point-per-game player for a third-round pick *chefs kiss*, slightly better in the playoffs. First jersey I bought with my own money when he signed his five-year deal. Scored one of the most memorable goals from the 08 'ship. Good luck in retirement after Europe Val Filapoola.

1020.jpg

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Half a point-per-game player for a third-round pick *chefs kiss*, slightly better in the playoffs. First jersey I bought with my own money when he signed his five-year deal. Scored one of the most memorable goals from the 08 'ship. Good luck in retirement after Europe Val Filapoola.

1020.jpg
Yep, I was at that game and that is the goal of his that I will always remember. I wish him good luck with the rest of his career.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I had zero expectations for Flip to do anything significant when they signed his corpse for a second stint. I loved watching him in his heyday. He was my favorite player in the last Cup run...did all the little things to perfection.

Finnish (see what I did there?) like a boss in Switzerland, V-Filp!

Reactions: Hatter of the Beach

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I think he was fine in his 2nd stint. He was an ok player that you could put out there, and I think people just expected too much from him. He is an older player, so for what he is now, he was fine. If we had more talent, he would have fit in fine on a 3rd or 4th line. On this team, he was expected too much from.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Mikael Samuelsson understood that "shoot the glass" too well.

That statistics graphic they show of a goalie and where they get scored on the most... Need a photoshop of Sammy's shots and where they land. Mostly logo and glass would be funny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad