News Article: Valeri Nichuskin placed into Player Assistance Program and Suspended for 6 months for failing drug test

Status
Not open for further replies.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Surely this is it with Colorado. Amazing player, but if you can’t count on him to stay clean and contribute when it really matters…

Hope the best for him and those around him.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Whelp that's the series for the Avs.

Wonder if this is ground for contract termination as I imagine that is exactly what the Avs will be looking to do this summer.

Even if they can't terminate his contract, there's 0 chance MacK is down to play with him again after disappointing the team in back-to-back postseasons

Reactions: hn777

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
the six month suspension does this cover the off season? or from the end of playoffs, pause suspension and re start for next season?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I wonder if the organization is interested in contract termination?

They probably can
Im not sure because of how its worded. it says he can apply for reinstatement in 6 months. Im not even sure if the contract has a cap hit or anything during that time

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Bro. Shame to see a great player piss away his career and his teams chances like that

Reactions: Sentinel

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
drugs-are-bad-mkay.png

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Even if they can't terminate his contract, there's 0 chance MacK is down to play with him again after disappointing the team in back-to-back postseasons
Why would MacK not want to play with good players? I think you mean management would be concerned about the liability risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad