Friedman: Vadim Shipachyov given permission to seek a trade

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
For all the people offering NHL players. The biggest reason Ship isn't on the roster is the spot. Offer futures/waiver exempt players. Not overpaid 3rd liners.

Ship's play leaves a lot to be desired. Doesn't fight along the boards. Not a real fit for Gallant. Would not really fit in Montreal under Claude.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I don't understand why people are confused about this. Shipachyov turned down offers from other teams, left his native country where he was already a star and making good money, and sacrificed the Olympics this year to play in the NHL. He's not playing in the NHL because his genius General Manager is too scared to waive a depth defenseman. Not too hard to understand why Ship wants out, and it's hard to blame him.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I thought this was Vegas' #1 centre? What happened? Haven't been paying attention to him at all. I know he was sent to the AHL at the beginning of the year because they needed to be roster compliant, but was called up fairly quick.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Lemme get this straight....they tried to increase the value of a bunch of #7 dmen that they can't trade so they made Shipachev sit out of the lineup while decreasing Shipachev's value and are gonna end up trading him instead because they can't move the dmen? :huh:

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
I thought this was Vegas' #1 centre? What happened? Haven't been paying attention to him at all. I know he was sent to the AHL at the beginning of the year because they needed to be roster compliant, but was called up fairly quick.

He got called up for two games and didn't get much of an opportunity at all during games. Once players came back from injury they sent him back down. McPhee just screwing him around. I want to cheer for the Golden Knights and see them succeed but McPhee makes it so difficult

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I hope Columbus doesn't trade for him
I actually am for it if they retain half and we give up pick/prospect. He plays great with Panarin and we need a C with Sedlak out and not playing PLD at C. I love Foligno but I'd rather him on the wing. With retention and not needing any huge signings for another 2 years we can make it work. The guy just wants to play and was expecting top 6 minutes to start the year in the minors and get sent back down because an incompitant GM is more then enough reason to be willing to give him a shot just not for a huge amount. Reasonable prospect and a 2nd. Maybe a Sherwood or defenseman not named Gavrikov or Peake.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
He got called up for two games and didn't get much of an opportunity at all during games. Once players came back from injury they sent him back down. McPhee just screwing him around. I want to cheer for the Golden Knights and see them succeed but McPhee makes it so difficult

7-1-0

Reactions: bert

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Are you talking about Montreal here? He doesn't have to fight for a top 3 Center :)

No, he doesn't fight for pucks along the boards very much. That would not fly with Claude. His line mates, namely Tuch, do the majority of the grinding.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I've never heard of a player trading himself. Isn't that the GM's job?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad