WWE: Vader has 2 years left to live.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Surprised he isn't in the HOF yet.

One of my favorite wrestlers growing up.. still have an action figure somewhere...

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I almost wonder if Vince hasn't put in Vader yet because he's more of a "WCW guy" than a "WWE guy". He did have his run in WWF, but he was more well-known for his work outside of WWF. I mean, loyal WWF soldiers like Godfather and Rikishi have gotten in already.

Whatever the reason, he should absolutely be in the HOF. If the prognosis is true, I would hope that Vince would put him in and give Vader his proper recognition during his final years.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
tumblr_nxa0n8O6AK1ugwrwgo1_1280.jpg

Great episode!

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It blows my mind that in 2016 there is NOTHING they can do

I'll put it bluntly. I haven't read anything yet but having been an RN long enough I can tell you few men the size of Vader live long. The body can only handle it for such a long time and Vader was a ticking bomb of congestive heart failure waiting to happen. I would bet anything that's what this is and that the only thing that could have stopped this was losing the weight back in the 1990's. There ARE things that can be done but one has to weigh risk vs benefit.

You know when your car's engine is totally ****ed and it's just cheaper to buy another car, not to mention the other problems with it? Vader is that car and even in 2016 you can't just heal someone like that.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'll put it bluntly. I haven't read anything yet but having been an RN long enough I can tell you few men the size of Vader live long. The body can only handle it for such a long time and Vader was a ticking bomb of congestive heart failure waiting to happen. I would bet anything that's what this is and that the only thing that could have stopped this was losing the weight back in the 1990's. There ARE things that can be done but one has to weigh risk vs benefit.

You know when your car's engine is totally ****ed and it's just cheaper to buy another car, not to mention the other problems with it? Vader is that car and even in 2016 you can't just heal someone like that.

Well personally If I were Vader I would DEMAND that you do whatever it is that can be done because you DID say there are things that can be done don't know what those things are but I do know I would NOT be willing to just die.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
When I first got into Wrestling and still thought it was real as a young child Vader always scared me, I kept wondering just how could HBK beat someone so much bigger than him?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Well personally If I were Vader I would DEMAND that you do whatever it is that can be done because you DID say there are things that can be done don't know what those things are but I do know I would NOT be willing to just die.

A lifetime supply of pills, probable amputation of limbs and a heart and lungs transplant is a tall order

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I know a guy whose doctor told him he's got 6% of his heart function and he's alive ten years later. Maybe that's ******** but whatever. Best of luck to Vader.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh

I don't know man. I'm guessing the only thing that could save him at this point is a heart transplant. The wait list for a heart has to be long and I'm guessing with his weight, age, and history, he wouldn't be a good candidate for a successful operation. Assuming this is the case, why should they gamble a healthy heart in a high risk person (like Vader) over someone who would be more likely to have a successful operation or has been waiting longer? Is one life worth more than another because of wrestling or money? Also, if I was Vader, I would have a hard time accepting a heart knowing that it would be costing the life of someone else who was also waiting for a heart.

Last edited:

polepoplarpope

Nov 8, 2005
Alberta.
I feel sorry for him and his loved ones, hopefully he has more time than he was told, but you can't be that overweight for that long and expect to live a long life.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00