WWE: Vader has 2 years left to live.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So Vader just announced on his twitter that doctors have given him 2 years to live due to issues with his heart.

Now I have a hard time believing that with all the advances in medical that there is NOTHING they can do for him but it sounds like that's the case.

I hope he gets into the 2017 HOF class because he deserves to go in.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I posted this in the news thread. Absolutely brutal if it's true (I would assume it is because it's coming from Vader himself)

One of my favorite big men ever. Guy absolutely deserves to be in the HOF, in fact, he should have been in there before this. If the god damn Godfather, Bushwackers and Rikishi are in, Vader should.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I posted this in the news thread. Absolutely brutal if it's true (I would assume it is because it's coming from Vader himself)

One of my favorite big men ever. Guy absolutely deserves to be in the HOF, in fact, he should have been in there before this. If the god damn Godfather, Bushwackers and Rikishi are in, Vader should.

It blows my mind that in 2016 there is NOTHING they can do

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Seriously somebody needs to explain to me how in 2016 there is NOTHING that can be done

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is quite sad, I can't believe there's nothing able to be done

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
dude is probably way too ruined for the surgery to be even worth trying, or they would.

sad but it is what it is :/

If I were him I would demand they try it, that even if he dies in the operating table they can at least say they tried instead of doing nothing

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
If I were him I would demand they try it, that even if he dies in the operating table they can at least say they tried instead of doing nothing
One may argue that they would rather live out the rest of their life how they want to than die doing something that a doctor probably tells him won't work.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA

Damn right. It's absurd that he isn't in by now.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
That is rough to hear. If that's the case and nothing can be done, I hope he's at least not too debilitated to enjoy and make the best of it.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Having a ticking clock on your life has to be the worst feeling in the world. Sorry for him and his family. Every day is a gift.... but he actually knows when his gift is up. That's freaking brutal.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Having a ticking clock on your life has to be the worst feeling in the world. Sorry for him and his family. Every day is a gift.... but he actually knows when his gift is up. That's freaking brutal.

Well, he knows approximately when it will be up, but I don't see how one could count on two years with that type of prognosis. It's an educated guess, but, end of the day, it's just a guess. What a shame.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Well, he knows approximately when it will be up, but I don't see how one could count on two years with that type of prognosis. It's an educated guess, but, end of the day, it's just a guess. What a shame.

Sadly true. Almost 2 years ago my dad was given 6-9 months and barely lasted over 2 weeks. It was a different ailment, but still...not even close :(

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
2 years is such a weird timeline. I mean...I know it's based on his actual health but that window is so huge it feels like a complete shot in the dark.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm surprised he's made it this long, to be honest. Not because of any reported drug history or anything, but given what he's got going against him (massive body weight, and the fact that he's a former WWF talent), you'd think he would have already passed away. Gotta say I really enjoyed his brief return to squash Heath Slater during his thinly-veiled "legend-killer" shtick. :laugh:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
It can go the other way. I know people who have greatly outlived a doctor's prognosis.

This immediately reminded me of Gino Odjick. He said in his letter that he could be down to a few weeks or months to live. That was in June 2014, and he's still around... hopefully he's doing well.

Hopefully, Vader can also keep going and outlive the prognosis.

Needless to say, we're all pulling for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00