Raptors Discussion: v97 Raptor's 2023-2024 Season complete - 6th. worst team.

Keep or Trade - Siakam

• Trade

Votes: 63 90.0%
  • Re-Sign

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Even if his offence never develops he still looks like a rotation player for defensive potential alone. The Raps made it work with Biyombo and this is kind of like a taller, more agile, maybe less of an offensive black hole version of him. That's a useful player. And "useful player" is all you can ask for out of a 2nd rounder.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
70% free throw shooter last year I thought I read? That usually bodes well for his chances of developing a 3 point shot.

Like the pick, really fits into what the Raptors are all about.
Indeed it does. But would be surprising if this wasn't the case - trust in Masai, this is just the Raps doing what they do. :)

Hoping we can say that about the Leafs one day, but that's a whole other thing.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I feel like this team is not that far off from being championship contenders next season
I think we are an Achiuwa and Flynn breakout season from that as things stand now.

For Achiuwa, if he can force his way into the starting lineup, that allows us to play Spicy P at the 4 with Scotty, VanVleet and one of Trent/OG in the starting lineup.

That gives us a backup unit of Flynn (all we really need is for him to be more consistent for him to break out), OG/Trent, (hopefully Young), Boucher, and Birch

I expect both the guys from last night to rotate into the 2nd unit and also to play a bit for the 905 to get a chance to get used to pro ball and our system.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Saw Koloko play a lot.

Pros: good shot blocker (weak side also), very mobile, has a shooting touch, can catch easily and is legit lob weapon.
Cons: no left hand, no post game, is he physical enough?

Reactions: hockeywiz542

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm nervous about the basketball IQ of someone who started so late coming into one of the most complex - switch heavy defenses in the NBA. It works with the Raptors because they put in lineups where everyone can guard everyone. Adding a traditional 7 footer to that style may not work well.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Sounds like a nifty upside guy they might even have considered at their original pick.
Lots of confidence in the draft philosophy and the development team.
Him and Banton offer lots of length and upside out of the second round.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Has there been any word on Champagnie the Younger? Everyone seemed to think it'd be some slam dunk to sign him if he didn't get drafted but now we're seeing guys signing all over the place and his name hasn't popped up once.

40BayStreet

Feb 3, 2011
Toronto
Has there been any word on Champagnie the Younger? Everyone seemed to think it'd be some slam dunk to sign him if he didn't get drafted but now we're seeing guys signing all over the place and his name hasn't popped up once.
Julian Champagnie has signed a two way contract with the 76ers. Would’ve been cool to have twins on the Raptors, but management must not have been particularly high on him.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Who would ya'll like the Raps to sign with the MLE. A few interesting names:

Patty Mills
Malik Monk
Garry Harris
Dennis Schroeder
Lou Will
Bruce Brown

Nic Claxton
Serge Ibaka