Raptors Discussion: v93 | Panic level rising significantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
This may be an unpopular rating, but I liked RHJ as an energy role player. It never seemed like he was coming back. Can anyone give me a a reason? I haven't checked his underlying stats, but when players were injured he seemed to hae enough effort to keep us on track.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Raptors Finalize 2020-2021 Training Camp Roster | Toronto Raptors

The Toronto Raptors have finalized their 2020-21 training camp roster after making the following signings. The roster currently stands at the maximum of 20 players.

· Restricted free agent forward Oshae Brissett and free agent centre Henry Ellenson have signed multi-year contracts.

· 2020 first round draft pick Malachi Flynn (29th overall) has signed a rookie scale contract.

· 2020 second round draft pick Jalen Harris (59th overall) has signed a two-way contract.

· Free agent forwards Alize Johnson (AL-uh-zay) and Yuta Watanabe (YOU-tuh wah-tuh-NAH-bay) have signed one-year Exhibit-10 contracts.

The team will hold individual workouts and training camp at Saint Leo University, located just a few miles north of Tampa, in the town of Saint Leo in Pasco County, from Dec. 1 – 11. All workouts and practices will be closed to the public. Additionally, no visitors will be permitted at the Marion Bowman Activities Center during this time. Daily player and coach media availabilities will be virtual, and there will be no in-person opportunities for b-roll or interviews.

screen_shot_2020-12-01_at_3.03.28_pm.png

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Paul Watson left me wanting to see more of him and I think he might get some more playing time this season, so excited to see what he can do and if he can compete in some meaningful minutes consistently.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Yuta Watanabe's Struggle Learning English in America

• Aug 29, 2018

Memphis Grizzlies' Japanese two-way player Yuta Watanabe sits down with Chris Vernon live in-studio talking about his struggles coming to America and having to learn the English language.

Listen to the full clip below:

Chris Vernon Show - 8/28/18 by Chris Vernon Show

Yuta Watanabe joins the Chris Vernon Show in-studio to talk about when he started playing basketball, coming from Japan to America, why he went to George Washington, playing the NBA Summer League, and more (16:48)

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Q... and it may sound rude but .... lol what did Serge think Toronto was gonna do? I dunno the proper analytics of basketball but Serge was 29th at PF last year in Estimated Wins Added.

personally I’m thankful that they moved on. Overpaying for a title from 2 years ago is an easy way to never win a title again. Move on, develop, plug and play.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Raptors being on there is weird. I’d bet it’s cause of the amount of people that would bet on them with no basis anyway
How soon Raptors fans forget.

The same thing happened with Kawhi. No mention of the Raptors and then they jumped up to 3rd in odds.

Siakam + Powell + picks or Lowry + Powell + picks both work cap wise, the Rockets would probably prefer Siakam especially if Simmons is who Philly has on the table for him. Fertitta not wanting to trade Harden to Morey might be the Raptors saving grace. I don't see the Celtics moving Brown for Harden and Siakam is better than anything the Nets could offer.

I have a lot of faith in OG and think there's untapped potential there so I would make the Siakam + Powell + picks deal.

For the people that hate Harden, realize that he's a top 5 player and a one-man army in terms of offence...which is the Raptors biggest deficiency. His best Rockets team that would've won the title in 2018 if it wasn't for GS featured a guy with a near identical game to Lowry (CP3).

Harden is also a much better fit than Siakam if MU still has plans of Giannis next summer.

A core of struggling Siakam, Lowry, FVV, OG took the Celtics 7 games...now replace Siakam with a top 5 player and arguably the top player in the East if he were traded here.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
NBA's DeMar DeRozan Chases Off Home Intruder After Man Came Face-to-Face with Kids | TMZ Sports

Scary moment for NBA star DeMar DeRozan ... who chased an intruder out of his L.A.-area home after a terrifying encounter with his kids, TMZ Sports has learned.

Our sources tell us ... the man broke into DeRozan's home on Nov. 19 and made his way upstairs into a play area where at least one of DeMar's kids was hanging out.

We're told 31-year-old DeRozan -- who's 6'6", 220 pounds -- heard the commotion and raced to the area to see what was going on, coming "face-to-face" with the intruder in the process.

Our sources say DeRozan then "chased the man out of his house."

Law enforcement sources tell us the man fled the area -- before returning to DeRozan's gated community a short time later.

When the alleged intruder attempted to get back in to the gated community, security stopped him and called police.

According to our sources, the suspect told cops DeRozan's home was not his intended target -- he was trying to get to Kylie Jenner's home but made a mistake.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
How soon Raptors fans forget.

The same thing happened with Kawhi. No mention of the Raptors and then they jumped up to 3rd in odds.

Siakam + Powell + picks or Lowry + Powell + picks both work cap wise, the Rockets would probably prefer Siakam especially if Simmons is who Philly has on the table for him. Fertitta not wanting to trade Harden to Morey might be the Raptors saving grace. I don't see the Celtics moving Brown for Harden and Siakam is better than anything the Nets could offer.

I have a lot of faith in OG and think there's untapped potential there so I would make the Siakam + Powell + picks deal.

For the people that hate Harden, realize that he's a top 5 player and a one-man army in terms of offence...which is the Raptors biggest deficiency. His best Rockets team that would've won the title in 2018 if it wasn't for GS featured a guy with a near identical game to Lowry (CP3).

Harden is also a much better fit than Siakam if MU still has plans of Giannis next summer.

A core of struggling Siakam, Lowry, FVV, OG took the Celtics 7 games...now replace Siakam with a top 5 player and arguably the top player in the East if he were traded here.

Hardens got 2/3 years on his contract that’s why I said it’s basically about the amount of people betting as opposed to an actually chance.

I don’t see harden being ok coming to Canada for 3 years of his prime. Unless the raptors allowed him to live in montreal where the ladies clubs are renowned lol

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Time is approaching for Masai Ujiri to prioritize his future with Toronto Raptors - TSN.ca

As the Raptors get set to open training camp this week – their first team practice is scheduled for Sunday – and tip-off the 2020-21 campaign at “home” to New Orleans on December 23, the elephant in the room is Ujiri’s own future with the club.

One of league’s top executives, the 50-year-old Ujiri is going into the final season of his current contract. In September, he told the media that he still hadn’t spoken to ownership regarding an extension, and on a Saturday morning conference call, he gave no indication that anything had changed in that regard.

“There’s just been so much [going on],” he said. “Honestly, it’s not a matter of not doing it, I think there’s just been so much [and] I’ve pushed it [back] until, I think, we get through a lot of this. There’s just so much going on with this relocation, and the focus, I don’t want to be distracted that way.”

With his people taken care of and the team getting comfortable in its new home, the time is approaching for Ujiri to sit down and evaluate his next move.

Already among the association’s highest paid execs, Ujiri should have all the leverage he needs to essentially craft the terms of his new deal. Short of sliding a pen and blank cheque across the table – or however contracts are drawn up in the COVID-19 era – it’s hard to imagine Maple Leafs Sports & Entertainment balking at anything Ujiri could or would ask for, not only because of what he’s accomplished in Toronto or even the number of interested teams that have come calling, but because of how crucially important he is to where the franchise wants to go from here.

Ujiri and the Raptors have made no secret of their ambitions for the summer of 2021. Maintaining cap flexibility, and the option of opening up the requisite space to offer a max contact, has been a top priority – it’s motivated nearly every decision they’ve made, or haven’t made, over the past couple years.

Just about the only thing he’s yet to accomplish, and another stated goal of his, is to finally lure a star free agent – at or close to the peak of his career – to Toronto. In 25 years, it’s never been done.

If Ujiri is succession planning, the Raptors would be in capable hands with Webster and assistant GM Dan Tolzman - a couple of rising stars in the executive ranks – steering the ship. Still, there aren’t many people in the business that can replicate Ujiri’s presence and salesmanship. He’s the guy you want leading any meeting with a star free agent, especially if that free agent happens to be a certain Greek forward, with whom Ujiri already has a relationship. But what if Ujiri, himself, is also a free agent?

Simply put, the Raptors can’t let that happen. Assuming there hasn’t been any progress made on the extension front, it’s hard to believe that’s an ownership choice. Meaning, Ujiri will decide if and when the time is right to start the conversation.

Now that the dust is settling on an eventful 2020, this would seem like as good a time as any.

“I don’t know what the timeframe will be,” said Ujiri, who was asked if he anticipates getting a new deal done over the coming months. “I go into this thing with a very positive mind and attitude. And we hope it goes that way.”

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
What do Raptors fans in the know think about Masai's slow to develop re-negotiations? The lack of urgency and relaxed attitude makes it feel like a slow roll out the door since this feels like a no brainer for MLSE re: term and money. The idea about prioritizing the underlings is again, a drop in the bucket in terms of financial committments. What would they even need to negotiate other than potential ownership stake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad